Low Carb Diet Lost 70 lbs since Oct 10 2010

Options
seadog1
seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
Have lost 70 lbs since Oct 10, 2010 and it has been easy. Combination of MyFitnessPal, Low Carb Diet and walking.

When you drastically decrease the amount of carbohydrates you eat, your body still needs blood sugar to feed the brain and other organs. Now, however, the body pulls the fat out of the fat cells, as its first choice, and converts that fat to blood sugar. So the lower the carbohydrate intake, the more fat is pulled from the cells. (A key critical issue is to be sure to eat enough protein every day to keep from drawing nutrients from the muscles.

I have found that walking, usually on the Tredmill while reading my Kindle is a good way to exercise. Was walking hour at 3.5
MPH which used 450 calories, but found it easier at 3 MPH which used 400 calories. I usually dont add the calories which helps me lose more then my 2 lbs week I set MyFitnessPal.

Replies

• rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I have done the same thing almost.... Low carbs and no processed sugar...

I started Oct 21st and have lost 60! Looks like we have the same plan!

Keep up the good work! It is nice to see someone else on the same type of journey.
  • MrsNeuman
    MrsNeuman Posts: 76
    Options
    WOW!!! What a great achievement!! I LOVE low carb, definitely my lifestyle choice over low fat/cal. Keep up the great work! :)
  • Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! That is great!

what is considered a "low carb" diet? do you mean just as low as possible? or is there a minimum we need?
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Great job! I've been doing paleo/primal (which is low-carb) since August 2010 and have lost 60... amazing isn't it?? I feel like I have learned so much about my body and what it really needs and I can't believe I fed it the way I did before! Congratulations on your success!!!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I just started Atkins. I do love it, but I have also researched it as well. It's not for everyone, so I never recommend. Congrats. Lookin Good. I did Atkins Phases religiously for a year and went from 300, well 289 to 190. Went from a size 22 to a 12/14. I felt so god. Then a horrible car wreck and the big "D" and a wonderful remarriage. Now back on track!!!!!! Day two, going strong. No cheats!
  • EmicaL
    EmicaL Posts: 31
    Options
    I just started a semi-low carb diet. Today was day 1! It wasn't hard at all and I stayed within the 60g of carbs I set for myself! :)

Congrats on your weight loss!!

Tell me, what is your favorite low carb dessert??
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Big congrats man, I do Primal + the Anabolic Diet too (30g or less carbs per day / 6 days a week with a weekly carb up) and love it so much. All my binge cravings have gone away. I could never keep clean for long periods of time without a binge on the low fat diet. Once that sugar hit my blood, I couldn't say no to anything! It's so easy frankly, and I'm bulking while keeping visible abs which before this, I didn't think was possible.