MFP Runner's Club July 16

Options
13»

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hokay my total calorie burning today:

I ran 4 miles and burned 1194 calories according to my heart rate monitor.

I ran in the pool for 70 minutes doing laps. I found several websites and averaged it out to be 461 calories.

I'm tired...I burned 1655 calories, and no I did not eat of those calories, but I did have hubby pick up Chili's for dinner and we split a dish leaving some for him to take to work tomorrow and a salad! YUM! And to think I use to be able to eat almost an entire plate from there!

ANYWAY!!! I'm going to have some yogurt later with cherries on top! YUM!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Thank you all for the information about running. I did push myself to far and even though I split up my running today, it is too hot and too much...and I don't know if it is even needed. lol I'm tired.

I think I'm going to listen to what everyone said and accept the heat and it is okay to be tired a little more. I just don't want to turn lazy. :tongue: Thank you for the links and info fellow runners! Now if I had only read it before I started my running. :laugh:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I only ran a mile and a half today. A bit disappointed in myself. I ran it at 5.2 mph though. Pretty good for me. The air is hot and humid tonight and I had a hard time breathing.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to posting, and hoping to join your little runner's club.

Just a little background on me - I've been running for about 8 months now. So far I've participated in 3 5K, and I'm training for a 5-miler in August and my first 10K in September. Running is definitely the secret in my weight loss. I started out about 175 lbs. and I'm down to 135 lbs. now, and holding steady. I would like to lose an extra 5-10, but I'm pretty satisfied with where I am at. So...enough blabbering about that...

Today, as soon as hubby gets home - which should be any minute - I'm off for a 5-mile run.

I look forward to getting to know each of you. Looks like you are a fun, motivated group!

Yey you!!! And WELCOME!!! That is so great that you have some experience to share. It should be a great addition!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I only ran a mile and a half today. A bit disappointed in myself. I ran it at 5.2 mph though. Pretty good for me. The air is hot and humid tonight and I had a hard time breathing.

I'm backing off on my running girlie, and I ran 1.5 yesterday. I thought I was going to die...But then tonight, I realized, tonight I was going to die with 4 miles. So tomorrow I'm going to back down some so I don't really die...it is just TOOOOOO hot!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Ok all you runners. I finished my second 5k about 2 hours ago. I am a little dissappointed with my time. I didn't beat my time for my first 5k. I was about a minute slower. I would like to blame it on the heat, humidity, and bootcamp at 5:30 am this morning. :laugh: I don't know if that is right the thing to do but I have to blame someone or something! I cannot blame myself. I am sure the next 5k we do, the weather will not cooperate as well so I will try to improve my time. Running again tomorrow at 5:30.

YEY YOU! You can blame it on me, sound good? :bigsmile: Great running, keep up the fantabulous work!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Ok so I don't belong to the runners club anymore! :frown: too much running makes my knees and ankles hurt!
    BUT....
    I did run 3 miles the other day! hahah! :laugh: I had to throw it in there!
    It so hard when running is my exercise of choice, the one exercise that gives me the ultimate rush...I hate not being able to do it anymore on a consistant basis.
    So I do my second fav and do a lot of bike riding!
    I envy all of you runners....I was once you! :ohwell: :smile:
    Kel~biker1.gif
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Way to go runners!

Today is my 54th birthday so I ran 54 laps at the gym which is 5.4 miles. I was feeling pretty lazy so I started out at a slow pace but then began to feel better and picked it up.. The .1 mi. track is boring but it beats fighting the heat.

Happy birthday oh wise one!:flowerforyou:

Terry
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Hokay my total calorie burning today:

I ran 4 miles and burned 1194 calories according to my heart rate monitor.

I ran in the pool for 70 minutes doing laps. I found several websites and averaged it out to be 461 calories.

I'm tired...I burned 1655 calories, and no I did not eat of those calories, but I did have hubby pick up Chili's for dinner and we split a dish leaving some for him to take to work tomorrow and a salad! YUM! And to think I use to be able to eat almost an entire plate from there!

ANYWAY!!! I'm going to have some yogurt later with cherries on top! YUM!

Someone just sent a note to me saying my HRM must be off if I am burning this many calories??? I don't eat them all, but this is what it read.

Could it be because I'm so out of shape?
    The weather?
    A medical problem?
    My heart just does this?