20 Days Smoke Free!

Options
I just thought I'd do a little update...I think I've got it licked this time. I haven't cheated once, not a single puff, where as all the other times that I quit, I was weak and would have a puff off a friend's cigarette once in awhile. I just can't believe I'm really doing it this time..lol Also, I have skipped my usual once a week drunk fest and been completely sober for 3 weeks now. I'm pretty proud of myself for that one, considering the hubbsy is still doing his "trashed" session weekly. 20 days is really just a drop in the bucket, but I'm proud of myself. Through it all, I managed to only gain like 2 lbs, which I have "re-lost"! :) Don't get me wrong, I still want a cigarette really bad, and it's not helping that my mom fell off the wagon and is smoking again *grr*, but I'm doing this for me and for Taylor, and I'm not giving up this time :) Thanks everyone for your support :heart:

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I just thought I'd do a little update...I think I've got it licked this time. I haven't cheated once, not a single puff, where as all the other times that I quit, I was weak and would have a puff off a friend's cigarette once in awhile. I just can't believe I'm really doing it this time..lol Also, I have skipped my usual once a week drunk fest and been completely sober for 3 weeks now. I'm pretty proud of myself for that one, considering the hubbsy is still doing his "trashed" session weekly. 20 days is really just a drop in the bucket, but I'm proud of myself. Through it all, I managed to only gain like 2 lbs, which I have "re-lost"! :) Don't get me wrong, I still want a cigarette really bad, and it's not helping that my mom fell off the wagon and is smoking again *grr*, but I'm doing this for me and for Taylor, and I'm not giving up this time :) Thanks everyone for your support :heart:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Way to go Lauren. You are a strong girl. Gives me thought, I know I should quit to, have done so 3 times for a couple of years, this time it will be for good. Keep up the great work!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Wow, Great job Lauren!!
    I wish I had your drive! I had quit for three months and have recently fallen off of the wagon. It is strange though, on my way to work I was telling myself that I am going to re-quit, your post has inspired me to really give it a go! Thanks!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    yay you! Weight loss AND no more smoking! You body will thank you :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    That's right honey!
    No more cancer sticks for you!

Stay away from them. I know how hard it is b/c I was a smoker. Just stick to it.
    Look at how much $$$$ you've saved! The money that you would usually soend on cigs, you should put it away somewhere and buy YOURSELF something nice at the end of the week or month.

HUGGERZ
    SMOOCHERZ

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    hehe, thanks everyone! :) I'm glad that some of you want to quit too, misery loves company! lol J/k, it really hasn't been that bad since I put my mind to it. So, Jojo, about saving the money, I haven't been setting it aside, but I plan on buying myself a bunch of clothes when I hit 180 (roughly 12 lbs from now) So I'll use that as a reward for both maybe? Or maybe I'll come up with something else...I'd say a haircut, but I already did that and we all know how that turned out *lol* Good luck to everyone who is gonna quit and keep us posted! Have a great day guys :heart:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome!! You rock:flowerforyou: Keep it up, and make sure to go get yourself something cool to pat yourself on the back!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    hehe, thanks everyone! :) I'm glad that some of you want to quit too, misery loves company! lol J/k, it really hasn't been that bad since I put my mind to it. So, Jojo, about saving the money, I haven't been setting it aside, but I plan on buying myself a bunch of clothes when I hit 180 (roughly 12 lbs from now) So I'll use that as a reward for both maybe? Or maybe I'll come up with something else...I'd say a haircut, but I already did that and we all know how that turned out *lol* Good luck to everyone who is gonna quit and keep us posted! Have a great day guys :heart:
    180 is right around the corner waiting to jump out atcha girl.
    Keep it up!!!