new (sort of)

northernmama705
northernmama705 Posts: 47
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi MFP friends,

I have been using this site since mid-April and love it! I have lost 13 pounds, but have been "stuck" at that for over a month now!! I watch my calories and work out faithfully 5 days a week and feel so much better about everything life throws my way, thanks to increased confidence and energy. My birthday is next week, so I got myself a great birthday present - 6 sessions with a personal trainer!! I have known for awhile that I need to integrate weights into my workouts and I have finally made the move to make this happen. I am intimidated by the weight area in the gym and stick to cardio and spinning classes. Hopefully these sessions will help me to feel comfortable in the weight area and give me the bump I need to see that scale move!!

Replies

• Hi MFP friends,

I have been using this site since mid-April and love it! I have lost 13 pounds, but have been "stuck" at that for over a month now!! I watch my calories and work out faithfully 5 days a week and feel so much better about everything life throws my way, thanks to increased confidence and energy. My birthday is next week, so I got myself a great birthday present - 6 sessions with a personal trainer!! I have known for awhile that I need to integrate weights into my workouts and I have finally made the move to make this happen. I am intimidated by the weight area in the gym and stick to cardio and spinning classes. Hopefully these sessions will help me to feel comfortable in the weight area and give me the bump I need to see that scale move!!
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Best wishes on making that breakthrough and reaching your goals!!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Great choice on the personal trainer! I have been working with one for the last month and a half and absolutely LOVE it!!! I have used machines that I never would have tried and even done some free weights in the area where the big, bulky guys hang out...LOL. Mine is so encouraging and it is helpful being accountable. Have a great time and kick butt! :smile:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Great job! The trainer is a great idea, gaining strength will help! Just having more muscle burns more calories all day.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Great idea. Resistance and strength training builds muscle which translates into a higher metabolic rate. It wil jump start your weight loss once again. Hopefully, you will feel comfortable to do it on your own after. Congrats on the weight loss thus far, a great accomplishment.
This discussion has been closed.