feeling blue

Options
hgam1
hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
I am in deep waters and don't know how to even start. Went on holiday from the beginning of Feb and it's been downhill...oh boy do I need encouragement. I have no motivation at all...I have an op pending and should be fit for it but am just so low that I don't know where to start from. I an terrified of weighing and already my clothes don't fit no more! The worst part is having my friends now commenting on how "big" am getting....Sorry to bend everyone's ears and thanks for listening.

Replies

• mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Shame on them for commenting on it!!

Don't worry about weighing...the scale is the devil and a liar besides. Sometimes you just have to push yourself through...and know that once you're done, you will feel so good about having exercised despite all the obstacles! If you're still blah, try to start small...take a brisk walk, run just a couple slow miles, ride your bike around the block...whatever you do. Then make sure you log it so you have evidence and can feel proud!

We *all* have bad times...trust me I'm just coming out of one. But you are strong and you CAN do it! :)
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    You might want to find some positive friends! You don't need to hear that you are getting big from anybody! We are our own worst critics...

mirgss is absolutely right, we ALL have bad times! You just gotta push through it. I know it's hard but you just need to talk yourself into taking that walk or going to the gym or making that healthy choice. It really is mind over matter! You can do it!!! And when you do, you will feel sooooo good!
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yes--that's my advice, too. Start by just doing something that gets you up and moving, preferably outside if you possibly can so that you get some mood-enhancing UV light. And then maybe go to a gym or a Y and find a new exercise class you can start. Or buy a new workout DVD to get you motivated again. Exercise doesn't have to cost money, but after a slump it really helps a lot to get out there and do something new.

Also, go out and buy a cute top, or get your hair done, or paint your nails. It doesn't matter what your friends say. You're beautiful TODAY, but you might have to do a little something for yourself to make yourself believe it. :-)

We've all been there, and we're all rooting for you.
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    firstly well done for asking for help, you are already one step closer to making a change and sometimes once you have reached rock bottom...the only way then is up.

Can I suggest that you join a group on here or start one , keep the numbers small and get strength from hearing the words of encouragement and empathy from others on a daily basis. I did this 2 weeks ago and it has made the world of difference, EVERY time I have felt despondent I just logged in and my courage was renewed.

I have faith that you can and will make the changes you need.

Remember Mondays are the universal day of new beginnings x
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    AW, thanks so much you guys. This is what makes it perfect to be on this site. I'll make my first move to the gym in 5 weeks today and also take the huge leap of weighing myself. I'll probably fall off the scales in horror and need resuscitation but at least it's a start in the right direction again. xXx