What do you look for in plus size workout clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to see more of long-sleeve or 3/4 length sleeve tops.
  • baharal
    baharal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like capri length pants that breath and t-shirts that cover most my butt with short sleeves. I work out in a gym - not so much outside - If I go outside I like a sweatshirt that zips or snaps with pockets for keys, sunglasses, etc.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    long tops, with plenty of room in the shoulder. Shorts that go to just below or on the knee. higher rise, to sit on the waist, not hipsters. snug fit, or drawstrings, nothing more annoying than tiny elastics on the waist and pants that move and want to slip downn!
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Pants: with a side pocket for house keys/ID. I like PeddlePushers vs Capris since I am short/petitie, (they are shorter but longer than a long short) because Capris come down almost to my ankle (looks like high water pants EWWWW! ). Also, with either elastic or tie waist. Not real loose, no flapping when exercising, but not skin tight showing all the cellulite.

Top : I also want long enough to cover my stomach when reaching...NO chest pocket! ( the 'girls' do not need any more attention brought to them). Also a top that does not show the 'girls' when I bend over and fits under the arms, preferably with short sleeves.

Breathable material with Wicking .

I agree with whoever said something about NOT bright florals or prints (Not Gawdy!!) Tame colors and of course basic 'sweat gray'

Hope this helps
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    OH and as for cycling pants - bigger girls need a bigger chamois!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    even when i wasnt heavy ive always preferred mens hanes type shirts to work out in! lol...and at a heavier wieght that is still what i prefer.. just like to be comfy while sweating...ill normally wear capris while working out too
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree to all the above posts.

I like high waisted workout pants, (Old Navy running pants are nice)

Built in shelf bra that's not too lowcut. (Old Navy has a few)

Shock Absorber sports bras. http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/bounceometer/shock.html

Matching jackets that are fitted but not tight, and about hip length.

breathable materials, that aren't too thin. I HATE super thin shirts they just cling to all your rolls.

Ven
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Let me chime in with another vote for long tops -- with large breasts and a naturally long upper body (for my short height) I've always had issues with tops that ride up.

Short enough bottoms, too -- short-length workout pants in large sizes. Cut so that they don't slip down over thighs that are wide in the top.

Strong, effective, and not-too-expensive workout bras in sizes 36-44 F/G and more.

Vests with built-in shelves are nice indeed.
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Curves carries a nice line of workout clothes. I picked up some at a wharehouse sale last week and love evrything I bought. Some loose running pants with a built in pocket. It was size M and I wear about 12 in pants now. And the tops were M too, some were short and boxy, but others were nice and long. I liked their workout socks too, and the pj's. They're all cut nicely and go up to at least a 2X that I know of.

Not sure who all carries the line, but I know Avon does.

Ven