Staying under your calories

Options
:huh: Is anyone staying under their calories, or is it best to eat the 1200 calories, I'm not sure some days I eat the total amount some day I don't.

Replies

• SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    You should eat at least your 1200 calories every day or risk going into 'starvation mode'. It doesn't matter if you then burn some of these off through exercise to give you net cals of less than 1200. I regularly eat 1200-1300 & burn off at least 100.

Sue :smile: x
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    Personally I don't care if I eat less then the 1200 cals or not, I eat primal and eat when I need to the only thing I count is my protein/fat/carb count and I also do not log my exercise. I find when I did do these things I got way to caught up in the numbers and it stressed me out. But that is my 2¢
  • SudanBey
    SudanBey Posts: 3
    Options
    You dont want to go into "starvation mode." Make sure your eating the allotted calories.

Good short article:

"when you drastically cut your calorie intake (fuel supply), your metabolism will slow down and burn less food to convert into energy. So what does this have to do with weight loss? When your calories are severely restricted, the body thinks it's entering a prolonged period of time without any food. Just like engineers at a power plant will shutdown energy production, your body will will work to conserve energy if you don't eat - mainly by slowing down your metabolism."

- Read more: How to Avoid Starvation Mode When Trying to Lose Weight | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4470014_starvation-mode-trying-lose-weight.html#ixzz1HEhVLaq6