Has anyone noticed this?

Options
I was thinking the other day that my pants are fitting differently. They have been baggie since a few days after i bought them but this was different. I put my pants (capris) on yesterday and normally I have to put them up to my belly button to keep them up. In other words I pretty much have a muffin top and if they go below that they will fall down. But even just walking around yesterday they wouldnt stay up.

I thought possibly since I am doing the shred and gaining stomach muscle mass it is making the fat on my stomach rise and sit higher since my abs are getting tighter. Sorry if that doesnt make sense, its the best way I can describe it.

Does that sound familiar to anyone or has happened to anyone? Its not nearly enough yet to go buy new pants but i'll take it. :)

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've only lost 7 lbs so far, but the pants I run in are riding lower now--they won't stay at my waist! It's a good sign!

If you haven't done it yet, take measurements. MFP has a place to log them, too, in your 'check in' page. Very encouraging to see your measurements go down, especially when the scale seems stuck or lazy!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Have you washed them. I have pants like that-they get so big and then you wash them and they fit again.
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    YIPPEE! that's great...feels awesome, doesn't it! Keep it up =)

I too have noticed...been digging thru my closet to find smaller clothes, even my rings are getting too loose!
  • shellyk1979
    Options
    I've started having to wear leggings under my trousers now. Jeans I used to have to lie on the floor to do up I can now pull on without undoing the buttons. Sometimes even when I dont lose weight my clothes seem to be getting looser. I need to buy a belt :-)

Maybe we can see if we can get a group discount on new clothes ;-D
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I did wash them and they do this again by the end of the day. There is 1% spandex in the capris but Im not talking about them getting looser during the day. They have been doing that since I got them. :) I mean like I used to have them sit at my belly button or above, now I can just get thm to stay under my belly button and nothing on the pants changed. I was thinking that my stomach was getting tighter which is bringing my fat up. IDK, maybe im just weird or something by noticing this..
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I did wash them and they do this again by the end of the day. There is 1% spandex in the capris but Im not talking about them getting looser during the day. They have been doing that since I got them. :) I mean like I used to have them sit at my belly button or above, now I can just get thm to stay under my belly button and nothing on the pants changed. I was thinking that my stomach was getting tighter which is bringing my fat up. IDK, maybe im just weird or something by noticing this..

You're not weird--you're right! You are getting smaller!

That's why I suggested measuring yourself! Then measure again in a month and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
  • wjprice01
    wjprice01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hip hip hooray for you. I know exactly what you are talking about. I was going to curves 2 years ago and was losing inches everywhere but my upper abd started to measure more. The reason is, you are tightening up the lower abd and as you do this the top part starts to increase in size slightly for a little while I think and then it starts to go down. Great ppost you are my inspiration for today. Thank you for sharing. Everyday day I am going to find someone else that inspires me to not quit. I hope you have a wonderful week and keep going. The small changes are what makes this worth it:)
  • KELM0710
    Options
    aww...I am so glad that I can inspire people. That helps me out as well. Thanks soo much for the kind words. All of you. It really helps :) The small changes are the best part.
    I looked in the mirror this morning and even tho its under a layer of fat (lol) I can see a definition of abs forming, at least i think. I should take pictures today. I have befores but nothing in work out clothes of in undies to show my belly.
    I will measure tomorrow that way it will have been about a week since I measured last. I would love to see some changes in the measurements. Hope it happens :):)
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    All I can say is those pants didn’t grow, so you must have shrank :-) And I know exactly what you mean by the stomach muscles pulling the muffin top higher. My lower belly is no longer hanging over my…um…nether regions. ANd if I flex my stomach muscles (which I can now do since I’ve gotten stronger) I can pull it even higher! Those deep abdominal muscles sound like they are toning up for you and you are reshaping your body!
  • KELM0710
    Options
    Thanks Yolanda for your AMAZINGLY kind words. Definitely made me smile. Yes I can also pull the muscles up when i tighten and it looks really good. Motivation in itself. YAY!!!!!!!