OT-Girl Stuff (Ladies Only)

Options
Ok, I'm just wondering if any of you are having the same kinds of issues as I am. SInce I started on MFP my periods have been coming late (1-3 weeks late) on my last cycle, however, my period came right on time. I happily assumed that my body was getting accustomed to my new lifestyle. But then this month I was about a week or so late (which doesn't concern me really). It started off normal- very light, but nothing else ever happened. It's been 4 or 5 days now and it seems to have stopped today. But when I say light I mean VERY light, like a coloured discharge.
I'm not using any hormonal birth controls, and I really havn't been sexually active this month so I would be SHOCKED if I were somehow pregnant. I think it may be related to a change in my eating habits. The foods I have been eating lately are not as good for me but I am not over or under eating. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this or have you in the past? :huh:

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm just wondering if any of you are having the same kinds of issues as I am. SInce I started on MFP my periods have been coming late (1-3 weeks late) on my last cycle, however, my period came right on time. I happily assumed that my body was getting accustomed to my new lifestyle. But then this month I was about a week or so late (which doesn't concern me really). It started off normal- very light, but nothing else ever happened. It's been 4 or 5 days now and it seems to have stopped today. But when I say light I mean VERY light, like a coloured discharge.
    I'm not using any hormonal birth controls, and I really havn't been sexually active this month so I would be SHOCKED if I were somehow pregnant. I think it may be related to a change in my eating habits. The foods I have been eating lately are not as good for me but I am not over or under eating. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this or have you in the past? :huh:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Diet can definitley change your cycle, so can a drastic change in your workouts. When I first started working out I got my period twice in a row, then another time it didn't come for two months. If it doesn't get back to normal in the next couple of cycles, I would just mention it to your dr.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I have had some weird, extremely long, AND non-existent periods in the past when started a new "life-change." And eventually it became normal again. But, it never hurts to check up on things. I would definetely make sure you aren't pregnant (spotting can be a sign). And if not, wait a few more cycles and see if things become regular again. Exercise and changing eating habits really messes with your hormones and so chances that this is what it is, is very good. But...if things don't become normal after a few more months, I would definetely seek professional opinion. These are just my thoughts.:flowerforyou:
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I definitely have noticed a change in my cycle, so I wouldn't be surprised... plus it is considered completely normal to miss a period every once in a while, though I personally never have. If you miss it 2 months in a row or you are still quite irregular after another month, I'd go for a checkup just to make sure everything's okay. :)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! Good to know I am not alone. It can just be so annoying! :grumble: hopefully next month will be better!
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    if you are really concerned go talk with a dr., but most likely its the changes in your daily lifestyle that are affecting it. It should even out and be back to normal once your body gets used to your new healthy body!! :)
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    as a girl who never ever had normal cycyles, heck when I had never even dremed of sex I would miss monts at a time, due very much to strenous exercise, and I hear its perfectly normal, just not if you consisitenly miss it and its either exceptionally heavy or exceptionally(spotting) light. But I think you have nothing to worry about you are healthy thats all that matters(meaning you don't go all celeb and stop eating and compusively exercise)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Your body is such an amazing phenomenan, i believe that our body always freaks out when we make a lifestyle change. Mine have been crazy as well...Don't freak out too much you will be fine.