Coming off the Slimfast!

RajwaJ
RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
I've been on it about a month now.. have lost over a stone while on it... but feel that I am now ready to leave it behind and start to eat normal food. I am a savoury person with hardly any sweet tooth so all the sugar has been doing my head in. Still got a fair amount left so going to knock it down to one a day and have a healthy breakfast or lunch.

I actually thought Slimfast was my answer to weight loss until I started on here. I feel confident enough to go it alone.. without the slimfast. Of course if it all fails I can go back. Haha!

Wish me luck.

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    If you feel the need to do a shake diet again please try a whey protein powder. Protein keeps you full and they have very little to no sugar. Slim fast has almost no protein so it isn’t really a valid 'meal replacement' and you'll cut out all the sugar which hurts more than your waistline.

Good luck portioning out 'real' food, welcome to the real world - honest!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    A friend just started on that, and I really don't get why people would do replacement diets. It's all about eating healthier and exercising :D good luck!
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    To be honest I went on it as it seemed an easy option for a diet. I was useless at portion control and sorting nutritional lunches and as I work 8.5 hrs a day with no set lunch break I found eating healthy quite difficult. It just seemed ... easy.

Since doing my planner on here I am getting an idea of what foods are good and which ones to cut down on. Plus reading some of the topics on here have given me great ideas for things that I can prepare for work to eat on the go.

Its really difficult trying not to be fooled by commercials and adverts for diet products. You just believe that they work.. and they do but at what overall cost to my health.
This discussion has been closed.