the same five lbs

peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
I keep losing and gaining these same 5 lbs over and over again. It's no mystery why, cause I'll have one good week then one bad week. When they are good, they are really good but when they are bad, they are really bad. I know I shouldn't pay attention to the scales or to my cravings since they are both my enemies, but I'm not noticing a difference in how my clothes fit either. So I step on the scales hoping for some miracle to happen lol. This morning when I weighed I was on the lower end of the 5 lbs, but it doesn't even make me happy anymore cause I know it's gonna go up by the next time I step on them. I am trying really hard to be positive but I'm starting to get very fed up!

Replies

• peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I keep losing and gaining these same 5 lbs over and over again. It's no mystery why, cause I'll have one good week then one bad week. When they are good, they are really good but when they are bad, they are really bad. I know I shouldn't pay attention to the scales or to my cravings since they are both my enemies, but I'm not noticing a difference in how my clothes fit either. So I step on the scales hoping for some miracle to happen lol. This morning when I weighed I was on the lower end of the 5 lbs, but it doesn't even make me happy anymore cause I know it's gonna go up by the next time I step on them. I am trying really hard to be positive but I'm starting to get very fed up!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I'm in the same boat you are. It's been the same five pounds over and over for the last four months. Everytime it seems I get in a groove something comes up and throws me off. I am trying to push through it this time. Maybe you need to set a small term goal for yourself? I set one to lose 5-8 pounds by August 10th. It is a motivator. Try to change things up a little and see what happens. Allow yourself some of those special treats once in awhile so you won't binge Maybe you've heard all this before. Just know you aren't alone. Stay focused! It will come off!
    Melissa