p90x

Options
how should i count the p90x workouts? log it in as aerobics? kickboxing?

Replies

• bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just log them all in under cardio and type in my time & calories burned from my HRM. If it is the strength training, then I only input 60% of the calories burned as the HRM is not as effective with this type of workout.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Circuit Training is the closest to the P90X workouts until you get a Heart Rate Monitor.
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    burned calories are burned calories... i log as calistenics... and burned at least 400 calories during the plyo workout.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor (HRM) is your best option. MFP's numbers were quite a ways off for me compared to when I started using my Polar HRM. It was off by about ~200 - 300 calories under what I was actually burning, if not more.

Plus, P90X's workouts are the same timeframe week to week. If you put in Circuit Training for 58 minutes one week, and Circuit Training for 58 minutes the next week, MFP gives you the same caloric burn. But, did you work as hard both days? I don't. Some days I have more energy, some days I have extra motivation...others, I'm a little sore so I take it easy. But according to MFP I am getting the same caloric burn on the day I BRING IT and on the day I take it easy.

So there you have it. Get a HRM so you know what you're actually burning.

Edit: Checked my numbers, upped the range of burn.