Help! I've lost my motivation and don't know where to find i

Options
I don't know what's going on with me...I started this thing with such purpose and drive...a few weeks in and my exercise is negligible, I'm dipping in to the cookies and treats again...I have no motivation! My weight is holding steady at 160 and the flab is going nowhere fast!

Anybody else out there need a huge kick in the pants to get going???

Replies

• tiffvea
    tiffvea Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm right there with you! My problem is I'm an emotional eater, may sound like an excuse, but it's true! My teenager is going through some changes and it's about to put me over the edge! Saturday I ate WAY to many calories and today I know I need to exercise, but I'm having a hard time wanting to do anything. Lets get it together!!! We can do this; we are worth it!
  • tltincher
    tltincher Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Believe in yourself and envision success! Think of how good you feel when you are eating right and exercising, there is no better feeling. I had a terrible week last week, but it isn't anything that will kill me if I just get back on track! So, here's to a new day! Good luck:smile:
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Find your motivation in your user name. You want to be a good example for your daughter and for her not to have the same issues with food. Make her memories of her mommy one of a healthy strong women. You will be her most important example of how to live!!
  • McHeather
    McHeather Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I'd done so well before Xmas, and gained 3 pounds over the holidays. Three months later I'm still struggling to get back the motivation and consistency that had before. I haven't gained more, but I'm sure finding it hard to do what needs to be done to lose. I keep making poor food choices and rarely get any excersise. I know the motivation comes from within me somehow but I can't seem to find it. Eating anything bad for me and just not moving seem to be all I want to do lately. Spring is on it's way here now, so I can't use the very long and cold winter as an excuse. I could use a kick in the pants to get going!
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    PERSEVERE! HANG IN THERE! Think about it... Do you really want to go back to where you were? You left that place for a reason. "THIS TOO SHALL PASS"! These are only "feelings" - nothing solid, nothing stable. Your stability is in what you've done, where you're going. DON'T GIVE INTO THIS MOMENTARY FEELING! Hold fast - you've done a wonderful job and it's worth the effort. You know this - you really don't want to be that other person, right? Do what you know is right. Just do it. I've felt the same way here and there. As humans, especially in this society, we are so "wishy washy". Stick to what you know is right and press on. Don't be that wishy washy person that is determined one day and wimpy the next. You've started a good thing for the right reasons. PRESS ON! Consider your reward! It's worth the effort. Make it through this day and it'll be easier the next. And if you make it thru the next day, the next will be easier. Set your mind to doing what is right and hang on! This can be and will be done! Good luck to you Sweetie! You can and certainly will do this! :wink:
  • popsicle33
    popsicle33 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I might not be able to offer any advice. Obviously you are feeling some kind of motivation or you wouldn't been calling for help!

I have done enough dipping into the naughty stuff to realize that it helps me if I just psych myself into thinking about how much fat is actually in a cookie (reading the labels). Cookies seem so innocuous, but are loaded!

Perhaps it might help to ask why you have been so tempted lately. Do you have any "hidden" hungers that you have been unable to satisfy? Maybe bargaining would help, say, have a cookie if you have been able to exercise that equivalent in calories?

I would be glad to be a source of support and motivation.

Thanks for sharing yourself!
    Amy
  • wendehaynie
    Options
    pick one thing that you can improve today to get yourself back in the groove. maybe it's getting up to do just 15 minutes of exercise...you'll feel physically & mentally better for it. maybe it's drinking more water. no sweets? no white stuff? don't give up on everything. just dust off and find a way back on your course :)
  • madysmom99
    madysmom99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kick in the pants :) It's nice to know that I'm not the only one feeling this way. Ok, Ladies...lets do something nice for ourselves...lets take control, push ourselves and work towards a better us!

Thanks again.