going over fat count

Options
So I am wondering how much of an impact going over my daily fat count is. I had planned to eat some salmon and veggies with coconut oil today and the salmon and oil have 35grams of fat combined and put me 14grams over my daily limit with a few other things that I had planned on eating. I'm wondering if this is bad even though these are essential fats. Should I cut out the little things I had planned on eating that contain fat like tabouli, kalamata olives and dark chocolate to make my score as it should be or should I not even worry about it.

and then i am wayyy over in the ammount of protein I am consuming. 41grams over. idk it confuses me.

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    is it possible to prepare the salmon without the coconut oil?
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    The fat intake does play a role but really doesn't have the same impact on your body as carbs and sugar does so it is ok to go over a little. Just try not to do it every day if at all possible.
  • TonyTrinch
    Options
    I was watching the fat counter as well, but noticed I was going over. Then I found the clickey under settings that lets you alter what other things you watch, than just calories. I changed the fat one to Saturated fats to narrow the field to the "bad ones." That made a difference. I still manage to go over a bit here and there, but not as bad as I was with just fats listed.
  • krystalstardust
    krystalstardust Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I decided to cut back the coconut oil to 1tsp instead of 1tbsp and it left me with a deficit of 4 instead of 14 which I feel better about.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    If you set your macros (protein/carb/fat goals) at a certain percentage for a certain reason, then you should try to stay within your goals. Some people that eat a lower carb diet eat higher in fat and protein than others. A "cutting" diet can have your fat goal at 30 - 35%. Cooking salmon with coconut oil seems like over-kill though. Salmon is a good, healthy fat source on it's own. Adding fat to it seems indulgent to me. If you want to use coconut oil for the nutrients or something, I would just move it to another meal.
  • krystalstardust
    Options
    thank you that is EXTREMELY helpful
  • krystalstardust
    Options
    no the coconut oil was for a veggie stir fry I was going to have for lunch.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry, mis-read that. ;)