How do you do water?

2»

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Thanks everyone! Great ideas!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    I have a 3 cup glass that I just refill. I have one when I wake up refill when its done then I drink another 2-4 through-out the day. Get a good portable water bottle. I have a stainless steel one I got at Walmart with a clip to attach to belt loops or purse straps. It doesn't hold as much as my cup at home.

For me what works is a water cooler because there really is no excuse its cold(matter to me for drinking it) pure water. I buy mine at a water n ice store its reverse osmosis water(our city water is horrible flavor and very hard). For me this easiest and sure fire way to ensure I get my daily water.

For those that don't like taste start with lemon/limes added(can even put cucumber in them). "Marinate" it in the fridge and it just tastes better. When I first got used to water I had used Crystal lite but don't recommend it for long haul since artificial sweeteners aren't any better for us than sugar.

It is soooooo true that you eventually crave water.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    I need some help getting in my daily water. I don't mind drinking plain water, i just have trouble remembering to drink enough. How do you remember to get all your water in?

I bought a deer park 1.5 liter bottle. it officially equals 50.72103305 ounces :) Since I bought that, I have been equaling my 8 cups of water a day plus!!!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Water bottle again. I've got one that holds three cups, and one that holds two. I generally carry the bigger one around with me, and aim to drain it three times over the day - morning, afternoon, and evening works.
  • dbays3
    dbays3 Posts: 3
    oh...and for those who walk or run around tracks,i use the same method on my wrists but,i use different ponytail holders!When I go around the track once,i take it from one arm and transfer it to the other until i am finished.When i have my headphones on and i am just going around,i forgot how many times i left off so i came up with this ideal to use too!This way i know how many rounds i walked.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    I have a gallon water jug that I fill every morning and keep with me at all times. Felt silly drinking from such a large container at first, but I stay hydrated!

I also used to keep a cup in the bathroom and drink 8-16 oz every time I was in there.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    I have the same question...
    Would tea work? Or kool-aid mix? It's all water based, right?

I do tea, I used to drink all my wat with crystal light but I no longer use artificial sweeteners. I put whatever tea bag I like in my water bottle and fill it with water throughout the day. It gives the water just a little flavor and it is great.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    During the week I do ok because I'm at my desk, but on the weekends and evenings, I cut up fresh lemons and add to my water - either in my cup or put them directly into the bottle when I'm out and about. Adds just a bit of flavor and I look forward to drinking it more than just plain water.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    And I wouldn't drink kool-aid because it has A LOT of sugar and that would sort of defeat the purpose.

Kool Aid makes a sugar free "drink stick" mix-in that has 5 calories per packet. I use about 1/3 of a packet in my water bottles. That may be what she is talking about...
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    I go to the fridge and fill my glass from the dispenser and literally STAND there until I drink the whole glass. If I set it down, I will forget. I do that several times a day and that gets my minimums in. Try it. Drinking the water is not nearly as bad as all of the PEEING! I hate constantly having to pee! :grumble:
  • joilet
    joilet Posts: 99
    I absolutely love Diet Coke, in a to-go cup with a straw. I could sip on that all day.

So I found a plastic reusable water bottle that looks like a to-go cup, with a straw, it holds 22 oz... I keep that at my desk and drink at least 2 of them every day. I find that it mimics the physical feeling of drinking diet coke, and for some reason it appeals to me more than water in any other container. Sounds stupid... but it works. I really really really like that cup! I think I need to buy another one to keep at home, because it is much harder for me to get my water in on the weekends.

I also drink 2 very large cups (16 oz ea) of caffeine free green or herbal tea during the work day.

When I get home, I have at least 2 glasses of water with dinner or just after.
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    And I wouldn't drink kool-aid because it has A LOT of sugar and that would sort of defeat the purpose.

Kool Aid makes a sugar free "drink stick" mix-in that has 5 calories per packet. I use about 1/3 of a packet in my water bottles. That may be what she is talking about...

Thanks!!!

And i know that anything is easier to drink with a straw for some reason. I always drink things a lot faster if i have a straw.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I just drink straight water. I love it. I have a 32-oz water bottle and aim for 5 a day which ends up being 20 8-oz glasses and 160 oz. It keeps me hydrated and definitely helps me lose weight. If you're constantly drinking water, your body can't trick you it's hungry. So when you're drinking lots of water and get hungry, you know you really need food! Drink up, lady! I'm just getting started today (a little late!) on my water.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    One thing I do sometimes is, instead of having 200ml of orange juice with breakfast, I add 100ml each to two refills of my water bottle.
  • amilynnM
    amilynnM Posts: 64 Member
    Tea would work fine as a serving of water if it is something you drink a lot of, especially if you are not adding sugar or milk; on its own it is only a couple calories and some teas are very good for you. Kool-Aid would count as a serving of water but has huge amounts of sugar. If you don't like water on its own you could try some Crystal Light mixes. I used to keel 1.5L jugs in the fridge all the time and ended up drinking way more water. You would also get water from juice, fruit, etc...

What works best for me right now is just having a water bottle filled and with me at all times so I am consistently drinking water without really thinking about it. My skin looks a lot better since I upped my water intake too!
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    I work in an office and what I do is keep a water bottle at my desk at all times. The water fountain is right near the bathroom so every time I need to go use the bathroom I will fill up my water bottle. Needless to say, the more I drink, the more I need to go to the bathroom, the more I refill my bottle and drink more!
This discussion has been closed.