holy hummus batman!

Options
So, today I thought i'd be alittle exotic and try something new, so I picked up some roasted garlic hummus and I have to say i'm in love! :love: I ate some with carrots and I spread some on a whole wheat tortilla with some chicken and tomato slices and it made for a great lunch! Wish I would've been "exotic" sooner :laugh: Just had to share!
Heidi

Replies

• LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    So, today I thought i'd be alittle exotic and try something new, so I picked up some roasted garlic hummus and I have to say i'm in love! :love: I ate some with carrots and I spread some on a whole wheat tortilla with some chicken and tomato slices and it made for a great lunch! Wish I would've been "exotic" sooner :laugh: Just had to share!
    Heidi
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love hummus too; however, I feel that homeade is soo much better than store brought and VERY easy to make.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I love hummus too; however, I feel that homeade is soo much better than store brought and VERY easy to make.

how do you make hummus/
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just use a can of chickpeas, 1 cup of plain yogurt, 3 garlic gloves, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 T Olive Oil, and 1 T water. Put all ingredients into the blender and puree until you achieve the desired texture. It's really easy and great for lunch or a quick snack.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I just use a can of chickpeas, 1 cup of plain yogurt, 3 garlic gloves, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 T Olive Oil, and 1 T water. Put all ingredients into the blender and puree until you achieve the desired texture. It's really easy and great for lunch or a quick snack.

Mmm, I love hummus too but it can be expensive. Thanks for the recipi!