Headed down scale for the LAST TIME!!!

Options
Hi, everyone! My name is Dona, and today is my first day on myfitnesspal. Since last October, I have lost 40 pounds through different measures (doctor-supervised program, Weight Watchers online) and have 30 pounds to go to get to my goal weight of 150. I've lost the weight before and gained it all back, but am determined to keep it off this time. As I get older (I'm 46) it gets harder and harder to keep it off, so I don't want to have to struggle with this again. I'm looking forward to the process now that I've found this program and hopefully the "community" will help keep me in check!

Thanks!:wink:

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you can do this! This site is a wonderful tool, the support you receive here is amazing. Share your success stories, post questions you have, need to vent you can do it all here. We are all on the same journey, you can do this!! Here's to a healthy lifestyle. Feel free to add me.
  • JenSol
    JenSol Posts: 13
    Options
    Good luck to you, stay positive and don't get discouraged.
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You can do this
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Be sure to read the 'sticky' posts at the top of each topic. They have much valuable information to help you along.
  • yoghurtand
    yoghurtand Posts: 119
    Options
    Welcome! I think to keep it off, you should concentrate on building muscle. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn being sedentary and easier it is to keep weight off :)
  • susancelli928
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I have been exactly where you are, but haven't seen 150 lbs in 23 years since right before my son was born. I have lost and gained but always coming down to 225 lbs. Last year was the biggest I had ever been pushing over 300lbs. Its scary to say that out loud.

I am also 46 years old and find it harder to lose the weight as quick as I want. The key to this program is you have to be TOTALLY HONEST with everything you eat/drink. Even a cracker has to be listed. Its hard but in the long run, you will get to where you want to be