Not sure how I got here - but I'm not sticking around

Options
I can't believe the number I saw on the scale - it was at least 25 pounds more than the heaviest I have ever been. But - after 6 months of eating whatever I want (Chick-Fil-A is my kyrptonite) and not exercising, I am paying the price. My health is alarmingly bad (chest pains, sore knees) - and I don't like who I see in the mirror.

Time to take control of myself and my life - no one else made me eat two ice cream sandwiches or a second helping of chicken alfredo. I need to get back in control of my weight - and become someone my kids and wife can be proud of. I need support, because I am easily swayed - I feel like I "deserve" those little chocolate doughnuts or Pepsi - and then my whole diet plan derails. I am counting on the good folks here to help.

Replies

• _LA_
    _LA_ Posts: 111
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    Good luck. You can do it.
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If you need motivation, inspiration and support you have definitely come to the right place.

Welcome!
  • susancelli928
    Options
    Good Luck... You can do it if you want it bad enough
  • spankywife
    spankywife Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    welcome! Add me as a friend if you like for support!
  • jobooboo1
    Options
    god luck to you!! we all need support!!:happy:
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You're more than capable of beating this! It's always a wonderful feeling when you see that scale number drop or the measurements get smaller. Good luck!
  • jmiller0115
    jmiller0115 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started at about the same weight...and have been actively working at it for the last couple of months. Really like this site especially the success stories...they will help you keep motivated. We seem to be doing it for the same reasons, so if you need a kick in the butt, let me know...after this weekend I had to give myself one!
  • aarostoc
    aarostoc Posts: 22
    Options
    You can do it, hang in there. My vice was buffet's, because after all, they're such a good deal. I tried to "cheat" one time a few weeks back, not each much during the day, and try to stay within my calories at the Chinese buffet. I can tell you it didn't work, felt nasty and sick afterwords, and decided the benefit of living "skinny and healthy" out-weigh the benefit of stuffing myself.
  • fabulousandsexy2011
    Options
    Good Luck. I understand your pain. U CAN do IT!
  • mikedigesu
    mikedigesu Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Man! Have I been down that same road! I'm easily the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life by at least 50 pounds! I'm going to lose it, though and you can too! This is my third week on this site and I've lost 6 pounds so far, (I weigh again tomorrow). This works! You just gotta keep at it, keep within your calorie goals, drink your water and exercise. No pills, no miracles, no BS. Just plain ole determination and perseverance!

Good luck!!
  • cdbjr2000
    cdbjr2000 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    trust me. from a guy thats 47 it only gets worse. you have made a good decision and from what i can tell this is a good site for help and inspiration
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    We all understand, trust me!:blushing: :laugh:

Welcome to a new world, you're going to do great here, you've made the huge step in joining a great group of people that are always willing to cheer on one another and inspire:flowerforyou:
  • jenhasit
    jenhasit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

Someone told me once that we need to stop seeing food as a reward and that it is a "treat" or "we deserve it". If you see it as gas/fuel then you will perceive it differently. I know that helps me when I want to derail.

I'm looking forward to support :)
  • jrrangermom
    Options
    Good luck and this is the place to get the motivation and help you need! It won't be easy like it was putting the weight on but well worth it when it is gone!

5307731.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Shantre
    Shantre Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I was in love with coca cola and snacks. I hate onions and always have. Every time I reached for one of those bad snacks I imagined big purple onions and I didn't want it anymore. I know it may sound crazy but I took what I hated most and used it to prevent me from eating the unhealthy things that I love most. Oh and no it didn't make me crazy. It just took away those cravings!
  • mweir56
    mweir56 Posts: 4
    Options
    You can't change what you don't acknowledge so at least you know what you have to do! This is a great place to start! Good luck!
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    Congrats on your decision to be a healthier man!!! I love this site and all of the friends I've made here. I've never been bashed or felt like I didn't belong here. The people are so encouraging and I love the inspiration I get from looking at other peoples success. This site keeps me grounded and motivated. Best wishes to you along your journey...it's well worth the work you'll put into it!!!
  • Hyster1
    Hyster1 Posts: 75
    Options
    Best wishes!!!! You can do this!!!!