I need some advise........

Options
So I have a gym membership to Gold's Gym, Bally Total Fitness AND Curves. I don't really go though LoL
I wanted to know what all you guys do to get motivated to work out.
I am way motivated in the morning......when I'm on the way to work. ha ha Then by time I'm off work, I'm no longer motivated.
What is the best thing that works for you?
I.E.
-Pictures of skinny people on wall
-Pictures of you when you USED to be skinny
-Posting your goal weight everywhere

I'm just so tired when I get off work. The sad thing is, one of the gyms is 2 buildings down from where I work. Ha

Just wanna hear what you all do.

Replies

• Amandawilhite
    Options
    So I have a gym membership to Gold's Gym, Bally Total Fitness AND Curves. I don't really go though LoL
    I wanted to know what all you guys do to get motivated to work out.
    I am way motivated in the morning......when I'm on the way to work. ha ha Then by time I'm off work, I'm no longer motivated.
    What is the best thing that works for you?
    I.E.
    -Pictures of skinny people on wall
    -Pictures of you when you USED to be skinny
    -Posting your goal weight everywhere

I'm just so tired when I get off work. The sad thing is, one of the gyms is 2 buildings down from where I work. Ha

Just wanna hear what you all do.

• jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    I always work out first thing in the morning. I don't give myself time to think my way out of it. The alarm goes off, I get up put my hair up, put my heart rate monitor and shoes on and get to it. Ortherwise, I would never work out.
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    I agree with maddie's mom. As soon as I get up in the morning I put my running outfit on. I may not run until mid-morning because of my schedule and my kids' needs but I won't allow myself to change or shower until I get my run in. I have to be honest there have been a couple of nights that I have gone to bed without showering!:tongue::laugh:

I also find that weighing in every morning and seeing where I am, knowing where I was and focusing on where I want to be helps me to get my big old booty up and out hitting the pavement.

It's all about choices. Decide what you want and go for it!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    My motivation is losing weight, wearing smaller clothes, getting back to my high school size.

What KEEPS me motivated is my workout buddy.

We use to work together, but I recently took a new position in the bank.
    Now we meet during our lunch break (usually 2:30p, when I am really needing to get away from my desk, get up and move to keep me awake!) and work out together.
    If I'm not feeling like it, I am motivated to go because I can't ditch her. She agrees that I motivate her in the same way.

After a year and five months of this routine, even if she doesn't make it (work conflict, family illness, etc), I will still go on my own, because missing my workout makes me feel sad. (Never in a million years thought I'd even ENJOY working out!!!)
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    My best motivation--

--hoping to keep my arms and legs intact and not lost to diabetes

--betting the family odds of dying of a heart disease/heart attack/stroke

--not having to be on first-name basis with numerous doctors
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Well... constantly seeing pictures of me skinny only makes me depressed. Seeing pictures of me now motivates me :laugh: I should put them up everywhere... in the car, bathroom, etc...
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    i can't work out in the morning. i like sleep to much. and i hate doing it after work, i just want to go home. so... the best for me is at lunch. that way I don't eat as much either. the thing is, my work has a gym downstairs so I don't have to go far--- sounds like you don't either.
    motivation. i've decided it is me. i tired the photos and doing it for my husband but now I do it for me... I've been doing it for about 4 months, but lately because of my migraines I haven't been able to work out and it's killing me. It's gotten so bad I go to the gym and just walk til i can't anymore because of the pain.
    once you loose something you have it sucks....

they say 19 days makes it a habit-- so just strive for 19 days (not the rest of your life)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I think it makes a difference when you make it a part of a routine that you do and sometimes having someone else to get you going helps even though they can be a pain in the butt LOL.....

And my tunes motivate me nothing like putting on a song and just movin it :laugh:
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    I hear you! My mornings are hectic and when I get off of work---I am completely exhausted!! :yawn:

My routine (most of the time, unless it rains)....I get off of work around 4pm everyday. I come home straight from work and start cooking dinner, then dishes (homework when school is in session)--then my husband & I go for at least a 30 minute brisk walk.

If it rains--well, I try to do a pilate video and some crunches/leg lifts (if I feel like it-ha ha). I need to do more leg lifts, etc., but man, that is what is hard for me to get motivated with.

I suggest after work - at least make yourself walk for 30 minutes. It will make you feel better.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I always work out first thing in the morning. I don't give myself time to think my way out of it. The alarm goes off, I get up put my hair up, put my heart rate monitor and shoes on and get to it. Ortherwise, I would never work out.
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Ditto. I set everything out that I will need, brush my teeth and go. (I go to a gym....don't want to knock anyone out with morning breath!!)

It's harder to go without my husband....but, i'm seeing results and I'll be danged if I'm going to stop now! This week has been rough because the hubby has had to work long hours which leaves me with packing our apartment up and taking care of the kitty and the groceries and all that jazz. Makes it real hard to even think about working out after all that!!
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    I had my dh take pics of my rear end when I started and then every 2 weeks since then he's taken them and seriously, that's all I need. There's been so much change in my rear and thighs in the last 8 weeks that I can't imagine not keeping at it!!! So, that's my suggestion! :laugh:
    Heidi
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I find that at the end of the day I am just too exhausted to go to the gym. Sometimes I can be motivated enough to meet friends for a hike or bike ride, but I never make it to the gym.

I always go before work. I pack my bag the night before with what I need for work and put it in the car. When the alarm goes off at 5 I just get up, put on work out clothes, shoes and head out the door (hopefully before I have a chance to think about what I am doing). Then I work out, shower at the gym and go to work. I'm successful before 7 in the morning. It's a great way to start the day.

When I backslide and turn off the alarm, I have to do "the walk of shame" to get my bag out of the car to get ready for work.
  • randimockensturm
    randimockensturm Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had my dh take pics of my rear end when I started and then every 2 weeks since then he's taken them and seriously, that's all I need. There's been so much change in my rear and thighs in the last 8 weeks that I can't imagine not keeping at it!!! So, that's my suggestion! :laugh:
    Heidi

This is so creative and funny, but I'm now going to have someone take a picture of my derrier as well! but I wouldn't be able to post it here in my cubicle - not enough space!!!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    knowing that you will be healthy and NOTHING beats a runners high that is like an auto happy pill use it up!!!! Go mainly to curves being around women who are like minded and not those starved I sit on the wt machine to impress guys kind but healthy women can help motivate!!!!
  • Amandawilhite
    Options
    You guys are a lot of help... I actually took some pictures of myself (and boy are they flattering.....BLAH) I just need to keep looking at them. I need to remember the "10 days makes habit" rule. My biggest problem I have is I keep saying " I will start tomorrow for sure" Ha Ha
    i tried working out on my lunch but I get super sweaty and then have to dress back into my biz clothes. But I think I am going to start doing that again!!
    I currently have 2 jobs so it makes it hard to work out early AND late. I cannot wait till baseball season is over so I start focusing a lot more!
    Thanks for all the support