Very New

Lauren882
Lauren882 Posts: 102
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I've only been on this site for 5 days now, so I'm still very new and frankly, this site and I are still on our honeymoon :smile:

I'm being really good about staying honest with what I eat, which has always been the problem, I LIE LIE LIE - who ate that donut? I have no idea who ate that donut, I didn't even know there were donuts! (it was totally me). Because of this I've got a huge since of denial about my weight.

I wish I had some great healthy reason for doing this but it's all vanity. My best friend just got engaged last week and I have no desire to be the whale in the pictures. So I've got a year I'm figuring to get my act together, be honest with myself and work as hard as I possibly can (goodbye chicken fajitas!)

To all of you who have worked so hard to get where you are, and are enjoying rewards, you're my inspiration!

Wish me luck!
Lauren :heart:

Replies

• Lauren882
    Lauren882 Posts: 102
    I've only been on this site for 5 days now, so I'm still very new and frankly, this site and I are still on our honeymoon :smile:

I'm being really good about staying honest with what I eat, which has always been the problem, I LIE LIE LIE - who ate that donut? I have no idea who ate that donut, I didn't even know there were donuts! (it was totally me). Because of this I've got a huge since of denial about my weight.

I wish I had some great healthy reason for doing this but it's all vanity. My best friend just got engaged last week and I have no desire to be the whale in the pictures. So I've got a year I'm figuring to get my act together, be honest with myself and work as hard as I possibly can (goodbye chicken fajitas!)

To all of you who have worked so hard to get where you are, and are enjoying rewards, you're my inspiration!

Wish me luck!
    Lauren :heart:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome!
    I know just how you feel about wanting to look good, since I feel the same way!
    My son is getting married next April, and I want to look as good as I can in the pics, same as you do in yours!
    Here's hoping that we'll BOTH look FANTASTIC in them!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Good luck!!! And welcome! This site is a GREAT tool! You can totally achieve the goals you have...keep your eye on the prize, learn from mistakes, be VERY honest, and enjoy! You will feel SO much better once your body is used to this new healthy lifestyle. It's getting there that's hard, but the rewards are totally worth it! Let us know if we can cyber-help in any way!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Welcome!

You're on the right track. This site will teach you to eat properly as long as you are honest and log everything. You're very lucky that you don't have any health reasons to lose weight and it is still just vanity.
This discussion has been closed.