I bought a Cuisinart SmartStick - Now what can I do with it?

Options
agerzon
agerzon Posts: 4 Member
Do you have any tasty and healthy pureed soup recipes??
It came with a beater attachment and a chopper too. Please post your recipes!
Thanks!

Replies

• mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I use it to blend my fruit smoothies. I think it's WAY easier than using a blender. I use the choper part of it. Be careful though, mine has gotten loose from using the wrong way. when pulling out, detach from the motor part before pulling it out.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Bump...I just bought one too!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i just made a great pureed soup an hour ago. super easy.

just mixed 3 cups chicken stock, 1 can amy's light in sodium butternut squash soup, 1 can libby's 100% pumpkin, 1 cup low sodium chickpeas, 2.5 tbsp peanut butter, ground ginger, allspice, cloves, curry, garlic, pepper and a tiny bit of sea salt.

makes about 5 large servings, 221 cals, 9 grams protein, 12 grams fiber, 266 mg sodium, 34 carbs.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Do yuo have a wegmans near by. I have one of their cookbooks/magizine that is full of good soups. One of my fav's is spenach soup

1 small yellow onion
    1 lb of spenach
    1 quart of chicken stock
    herbamare seasoning or seasoning of choice
    olive oil

saute onion in olive oil
    add a cup ofchicken or vegateable stock and bring to boil reduce to simmer
    atdd spenach and stir until it has wilted in.
    add teh rest of stock return to boil to further cool spenach add seasoning.
    blend it smooth and enjoy

add a litte sour cream, cream cheese or greek yogurt to make it creamy

I'm sure this coudl be done with any leafy green.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I use something similar to mix my protein shakes directly in the cup. I have also used it to make fruit smoothies, but the chopper doesn't break the ice.
  • annebuta
    annebuta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This might sound weird but I like to blend up pineapple chunks with a splash of water until it is frothy. Yummy drink and less calories than a traditional smoothie - it is a nice change from eating whole fruit....I have tried other fruits but like pineapple the best!
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I use something similar to mix my protein shakes directly in the cup. I have also used it to make fruit smoothies, but the chopper doesn't break the ice.

I don't use ice in my smoothies, I use frozen fruit, yogurt and milk.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I just bought an immersion blender too! I have an extremely small kitchen with barely any cabinent space so thought it would be better than getting a blender right now. I am going to use mine when I make pumpkin soup, and going to try making a creamed broccoli soup as well. But you can just use it for anything you would a blender!