Weight loss over 40

Options
Well I was VERY worried about trying to lose weight since I am over 40 BUT I am very proud of the fact that I have already lost 10 lbs as of today. I must admit I owe it not only to my family but also to this site. I have tried counting calories before but it was was to much of a hassle until my daughter hooked me up with this site. I can now track my calories with no problems and I am loving it. Now granted I still have a good 50-60 lbs more to go, but I am on my way. I'm not comfortable posting photo's and I can't really see the loss, but my daughter says she can see it in my face. Maybe once I have met half my goal I will start getting in front of the camera instead of behind it. We shall see, but I can see from other posts that pictures do speak volumes and I can't wait until I am comfortable enough to get my pictures taken again. Everyone on here is giving me tons of hope, so thank you for that.

Replies

• colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your success! MFP is an amazing support system. I know how you feel about the whole picture thing. I HATED getting pictures taken of me. But i reached my goal and posted the before and after for everyone to see. It felt great! We are rooting for ya' so keep on going! :)
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    that's great :D
    keep it up and you will reach your goal in no time :D
    glad the site has been able to help you :)
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Yes its harder for us (the 40+ club) but definitely can be done!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome...you will absolutely love this site! We 40+s do have to go at it a little harder,:sad: but it is possible. Congrats on your current success and may you have much more with the MFP family!!!:happy:
  • jantim1990
    jantim1990 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I don't relish having my picture taken either.
    I have been a little nervous about losing weight at 40also.....but I'm gonna try!! ( I'd like to lose about 50 lbs)

I love this website! It is so helpful to me. Many tools to use to track my progress. I actually enjoy it!!
    You keep up the good work!! :happy:
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It is a great site! It's taken me almost a year to lose my 40 (10? to go) and I've learned a bunch about my eating and activity habits. I'm sure you will have great results, and you'll start to see the change soon.
  • gglover833
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it is amazing how much support is available on here. I have also had to admit to my eating habits as well lol. It is kind of hard to give up certain things when you have been eating/drinking them for most of your life, but at my age, I don't have much of a choice if I want to get rid of the weight. It really is inspirational to see how much everyone has lost, it gives me great hope.
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    Welcome!
    I'm also in the 40+ club and working on losing weight and getting in shape. I've lost over 20 pounds so far this year and still have a way to go, but there is a lot of encouragement on this site and it really helps.
    Friend me if you would like.
    Best of luck to you and you will be reaching those goals before you know it!
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! And yes it can definitely be done...I am actually in the 50+ club (yuk) and have lost 105 lbs in just over a year. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!