Coffee Drinkers!

2»

Replies

• crlujan
    crlujan Posts: 59
    Call me crazy, but I'd love to give some Kopi Luwak a shot. Look it up. It's expensive though. And I'd be the only in my house to try it. Not sure the wife would even want to use the coffee maker again after that.
    Now you really wanna look it up, huh?
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Call me crazy, but I'd love to give some Kopi Luwak a shot. Look it up. It's expensive though. And I'd be the only in my house to try it. Not sure the wife would even want to use the coffee maker again after that.

Is that the one with poop somehow used in the processing?
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member

Coffee Primero in Florida has a line called Magic Cat that duplicates the process using enzymes rather than animals.
    It costs about $16 per bag (slightly less than a pound bag) ... slightly better than the $600 per pound for Kopi Luwak.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    I like my coffee like I like my women. Strong, black and proud.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    I set my coffee maker so that I have it ready when I get my girls up for school. I go to the grocery store and get the beans that you have to grind up with the little machine they have (Millstone is the brand, I think I tried the Breakfast Blend this time). The coffee beans are like $10 per pound, but it has lasted me a while. I keep the coffee in the freezer, it seems to keep it fresher. I use one packet of Splenda and one serving of International Delight vanilla creamer.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member

I just did. Ewwwww......lol
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    I like my coffee like I like my women. Strong, black and proud.

I like my coffee like I like my women: cheap and bitter.

Not really. I'm a coffee snob. My mom's a flight attendant so she brings me coffee straight from Costa Rica, Santo Domingo, Puerto Rico, and every now and then some Blue Mtn. shiz from Jamaica. If it's not one of those it's Sumatra from SB.
  • Sumatra.
    <3 it's my secret love.

And a bit of skim milk. no sugar. it ruins it in my opinion :P
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    a cup of black coffee has maybe 5 calories. It's what you put in it that adds calories.

Exactly :drinker:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    The thing is, do those little civets actually like to eat the coffee, or is this considered cruel - like fattening up a goose to make pate? :huh: :noway: :laugh:
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    What kind of coffee do you like the best? I am a big coffee drinker but was wondering if there are "healthy" ones...Or if all beans are pretty much the same? I normally drink a kind my parents brought home from Ethiopia or from a online coffee store we love. Plus I loooove to try new types of coffee!

Coffee (brewed black) has very few calories. I've had to cut down from 24 cups a day though. Don't go there. It's not pleasant.

I drink Jamaican Blue Mtn too much and deplete my bank balance.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    The thing is, do those little civets actually like to eat the coffee, or is this considered cruel - like fattening up a goose to make pate? :huh: :noway: :laugh:

They naturally eat them. Their droppings are harvested afterwards by scavenging. People aren't quite sure why they eat them though.
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    I'm from south Louisiana, so I only drink Community Coffee, but there have been so many recent studies of the benefits of coffee in general. I think you will be fine no matter which brand you choose as long as you limit it to a couple cups a day.

Whats community coffee?

It's a brand of coffee, based out of New Orleans, popular throughout the S.E. US. comes in a red "brick", and also brewed by many many convenience stores as the brand of choice.
  • Tully's coffee when I can find it. I also purchase coffee from World Market. They have coffee purchase perk program and Wednesday's are double punch days.

Coffee provided at my office is horrible. I bring my own ground beans and use a French press.
  • astauff
    astauff Posts: 32
    coffee is my biggest downfall. I love dunkin donuts and when I dont have it even just one day I get a major headache that will keep me in bed all day. I need the extra cream and sugar and I have tried it several different ways and just cannot get it to taste good. Any advice?
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Well, there are lots of coffees that are alright. I generally like the Central and South American beans done to a medium or dark roast.

At the moment one of my favorites is from a local coffee roaster, http://kohanacoffee.wordpress.com/tag/austin-coffee-roaster/

They have a variety that has roasted cacao nibs in it. It's heavenly and seems to be a bit more caffeinated than the average so one large cup is quite sufficient for the day.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    coffee is my biggest downfall. I love dunkin donuts and when I dont have it even just one day I get a major headache that will keep me in bed all day. I need the extra cream and sugar and I have tried it several different ways and just cannot get it to taste good. Any advice?

IMO, if you can't get it to taste good with the extra cream and sugar, you don't love Dunkin Donuts. A quality coffee is delicious all on it's own. I've heard lots of people like Dunkin, but if you don't without ruining it, try something else!

I drink Alterra (sorry, Milwaukee area only), usually a Brazilian bean, ground the night before. YUM!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Dunkin' Dark...made at home...straight up!
  • meboodro
    meboodro Posts: 4
    Community Coffee is a brand sold in the South (US). It has a stronger flavor, than say Folgers. People from South Louisiana tend to like a stronger coffee. The New Orleans Chicory mix is my favorite.
This discussion has been closed.