Need help with my hair!

Options
2»

Replies

• LBATL
    LBATL Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have been growing out what appears to be the same haircut as you for the last year. Seriously the best thing to do it to get trims so that it doesn't look so heinous while its growing out. I'm so glad I did this otherwise I would've looked crazy! I think I remember you being in the Atlanta area...if you are let me know if you'd like a rec for my hair gal. She is seriously the best. She somehow manages to make my hair feel LONGER everytime she cuts it. She has serious skills.

In terms of products, Moroccan oil didn't work too well for me. I have dry, wavy, color treated hair and it left a crazy amount of build up on my hair. It looked good the first few times I used it but after that my hair looked flat and dull. I swear by the Aveda Smooth Prep product. I use it in combination with a moisturizing serum by Pureology and the results are amazing. I finally have the option to NOT flat iron. I also blow out my hair at night and pull it back while I sleep. This also helps smooth things out. If you are wanting to embrace your natural waves check out Hair Rules Wavy Mousse. Its the only product I have found to enhance my waves and minimize frizz.
  • LBATL
    LBATL Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, also I love using olive oil now as a deep conditioner. I put it on my hair, go do things around the house for 15-20 minutes, shampoo twice and my hair is super soft and tame. I apply extra conditioner to my ends after shampooing because my ends are super duper dry.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Get a bottle of jojoba oil from your health food store and put a few drops on your palms and rub into your hair. Leave it on overnight if you can (use an old pillowcase if need be). In the morning, use a mild shampoo and try not to use heat products on it for a while. That includes hair dryers, irons, etc. You may not be able to "cure" it, but the oil will help restore shine and softness. My hair is past my tail bone and I use jojoba oil several times a week to avoid dryness. It's great stuff!

PS - For a little fun, get a couple of small vials of essential oils in whatever scents you like. Add a drop of two to the jojoba oil before you put it on your hair. I find the lavender oil and rosemary oil are very soothing and make my hair smell wonderful!