Should we stop avoiding egg yolks?

Options
Not that I ever just ate egg whites myself. Found out some interesting things about egg yolks, read about it here:

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

Basically unless you have cholesterol, it's not gonna hurt you to eat the yummy yolks! In fact it may be healthier for you!

Replies

• drinkfreshwater
    Options
    Not that I ever just ate egg whites myself. Found out some interesting things about egg yolks, read about it here:

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

Basically unless you have cholesterol, it's not gonna hurt you to eat the yummy yolks! In fact it may be healthier for you!
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I agree that the yolk has good nutrients. I choose to have 1 whole egg to 3 egg whites... simply just to lower the fat content while I'm trying to lose the pounds. It is a good fat, so is olive oil, so is avocado, so is peanut butter... but I am not eating these foods right now since I'm trying to lose weight.

That is the only reason for me not to eat them. :happy:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I am so naughty I sometimes eat the entire egg... ::gasp!:: YUM! Boiled, scrambled, deviled, fried, on toast, under toast, with green ham...oh wait...not with green ham.

I love eggs. :flowerforyou:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    My trainer told me that if you eat the entire egg, yolk and white, right after exercising, that your body will utilize the whole thing! So, I enjoy an egg several times a week after serious workouts!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    unfortunately I have to avoid eggs at all costs, due to an allergy but i hear 1 yolk to 2 whites is healthy
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I've always been a 1 yolk and 2 whites kind of girl. I love the taste of the yellow and a little is better than nothing.

fit2btied, I like that information about eating a whole egg after an intense workout. Sometimes you know you have to eat something but aren't in the mood. By the time you get out of the shower, your boiled egg is ready!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: