What's for dinner?

Options
I'm just getting started and finally have my husband on board. (Yay!) Breakfast and Lunch? Easy. Dinner? No idea! What are you having for dinner tonight? Looking for 800 cals or less.

Thanks! :-)

Replies

• deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Turkey tenderloin and veggies-under 300 cals. You can add a salad and still be under your goal.
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    veggies & chicken breast (no skin) baked with salsa :)
  • cookiejones
    cookiejones Posts: 104
    Options
    Making little fritters made with chicken breast, fresh sweet corn, green and red pepper, spinach, garlic, flour, corn meal and egg whites to bind. Fry them in a little bit of cooking spray and have with salad.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Im fasting right now since I had a high calorie lunch but fixing the family :

Chicken saute with peppers, onions, squash , red potato and a homemade balsamic reduction.
    side salad with homemade garlic crouton
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner:

Seasoned Turkey Breast (around 114 cal for 4oz and with gravy)
    Steamed Veggies (under 100 cal per cup)
    Southwest Salad (110 for 1.5 cups)

Or

maybe some shrimp tossed with steamed veggies (under 300 calories)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Sick toddler and exhausted husband... we're thawing a bag of home made spaghetti sauce. May or may not bother with the noodles.
  • lililu79
    lililu79 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hiya - I'm going to tuck into salmon parcels, salad and jacket potato - all under 600 cals so means you can still have a treat after :-)
  • helthymom6
    Options
    ground chicken with whole wheat pasta and lite alfredo sauce. Roasted carrots on the side. Yum
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i actually get chicken leg quarters (cause they are usually on sale for 5 leg quarters for under $4) i freeze them 2 at a time and pull them out the day before im going to use them.

i will take the skin and fat off of them sprinkle with mrs dash throw in the oven and bake
    or i cut up onions and green peppers and throw 4 into the crockpot on low all day and it gives hubby and me enough chicken for 2 days. usually have a veggie and some rice with it for dinner. i love chicken so its all good for me.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    pork roast cooked in crockpot - 130 calories per 4 oz serving
    sauteed veggies in olive oil spray
    served on a plate of baby spinach with a bit of greek yogart
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    ground chicken with whole wheat pasta and lite alfredo sauce. Roasted carrots on the side. Yum

That does sound yummy! :happy:
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    martha's chicken and dumplings: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/chicken-and-dumplings

if you dont use the butter. it works about to 330 cals per serving.. super tasty and terrific the next day. i substitute the dill in the dumplings with fresh sage.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    grilled pork tenderloin, mashed cauliflower potatoes and salad YUM
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    My Hearty Turkey Chili, Bob's Red Mill Corn Muffin (2), Total 736 calories. You may drop a muffin and add a salad. I ate some greens and veggies at lunch to keep it balanced.
  • SakanaUshi
    Options
    Split pea soup with andouille - 243 calories for a 2-cup bowl. It's in my crock pot right now. Smells lovely. A little high in sodium, even from scratch.
  • tauns
    tauns Posts: 29
    Options
    I am making stuffed Green Peppers for dinner :)
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Eggplant Lasagna... 189 calories per serving :) SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo yummy!:tongue:
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. It is chicken breast with Mrs. Dash, onions and soy sauce (I know--high sodium). Served over rice and with a side of broccoli. To make the chicken, you cut the breasts into chunks and apply a liberal amount of Mrs. Dash and a little EVOO. Cook until done in electric frying pan. Then add coarse sliced onions and soy sauce. Cook until onions are tender. It is really good.....if you can look past the sodium in the soy sauce. (frankly, I don't fret too much about it, though I probabaly should) :embarassed:
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Costco Turkey, spinach and feta sausages, white and sweet potatoes roasted with olive oil and basil, broccoli and a little cheese sauce (microwaved light cheese whiz)..measured 2 tbls

sausage 130 cal each...I eat two of them
    steamed broccoli...40
    white potatoes-1 med. 163 cal.
    sweet potato-2 slices 50
    light cheese whiz ..2 tbls. 63 cal

total: 567 calories
  • bacanbit
    bacanbit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am making stuffed Green Peppers for dinner :)

Me too!