Celebrate Even Small Victories!

Options
I must have been very hungry in a prior life cuz it's SO TOUGH for me to throw away food -- when my kids were young I'd eat what they left even when I was full cuz I could not bear to throw it out! These days I live from a small pension so my mind can use "the money" to con me. I ain't takin' it.

I looked into my fridge (a little cube one lol) and there was some lunch meat there that is just nutritionally NG! After much internal back & forth I threw it out and not in the pkg where I might OCD out & retrieve it! Out of the pkg & into the woods! Let the ants feed upon it -- prolly ant nutrition needs are met perfectly by my contribution.

I came immediately to share & so reinforce my good choice. Much positivity to everyone that has important food choices to make -- that doesn't exclude many, yes?!?

gyps

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Good job! Everyone has their food issues and you have to celebrate even the smallest victories!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you!!! Half of a PB & J, I'd take it! Left over bologna? Mine. Mac N Cheese in the pan? Gotta use it up or it's a waste of money! The killer? I HATE mac-n-cheese. But I'd use the "money" as an excuse to snack and nibble my way to 60 lbs overweight!

Way to go getting rid of the temptation! It's something I have to practice a lot! Some people call it "radical amputation." If I can't control myself around chips then I don't bring them in the house, I don't buy them, I don't even go down the chip aisle!!!

Way to make Good Decisions!!!! (And I'm sure the ants are appreciative!)
  • GypsyRoaddog
    GypsyRoaddog Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The real hoot is, it was slicked turkey . . . 'supposed' healthy stuff. I made a sandwich on an Arnold multi-grain sandwich round & looked at the result when I posted it to my food log yest or the day b4 & 'bout fell over. Back to what I know & no playin' mind games.

gyps
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!