n00b here.

Options
Hello, thought I would introduce myself, finally. I've been using the FitnessPal app on my phone and on the computer for a little over a month now and it has helped be lose close to 15 lbs. so far. At first it was pretty difficult, my goal is only 1300 for the day (I have a desk job). Lately it seems like I have been keeping somewhat close to my 1300 calories, and in addition to that I run at night so I can usually give myself back some calories for a snack.

My biggest challenges tend to be on the weekend. I am very diligent in logging during the week and I can keep myself on track. The weekend it seems like everything gets away from me. When I'm out of my element and I can't control things I tend to get out of whack. Right now, it seems like it's going okay for me. I think if I kept on with my "healthy" eating then I will get burnt out and quit altogether. But, I can't help but feel guilty for going over calories (I always slack on logging on the weekend) and not working out.

I'm also training for a half marathon on May 29th. I've found a lot of benefits from running, it's a great stress reliever and gives me time to think about stuff.
Aside from that, I have an almost 2 year old son that keeps me busy, a loving and supportive husband.. and a pretty good life all around. I can't complain that much.

So yeah.. Hi.. that's me. :)

Replies

• LucieBear
    LucieBear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.. wishing all the success.... and congratulations on your current weight loss...
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • BeGreat25
    BeGreat25 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hello if you wish to add me we can keep each other motivated! I feel like running a half marathon too one day.
  • P3NNYL4NE
    P3NNYL4NE Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am also signed up for some "fun runs". I'm doing a 5k on April 1st and an 8k on April 30th. I've ran both events last year, just trying to improve on my times (hopefully with losing weight I'll be able to do so). I was training for the half last year as well.. but ended up injuring my hip so I fell of the wagon. So far so good this year though!
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    I'll be your friend!!!
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    Hi there! I just came to the forum today to check it out. I've been using the app on and off for a little bit, but decided it was time to really buckle down and lose this 20lbs I've been carrying around for a few years.

I too am training for a half mary on April 30th. I've ran 4 already and a full last December. Also done a lot of fun runs as well. Running a 5k on April 3rd.

I have lots of motivation to run, but not so much to log my food every day. I know losing this weight will make the running even better.

So.... a nice big welcome to both of us! :)

Debi

cw - 155
    gw - 135