Don't know if I can do it...is that even healthy?

Options
I walk 2 miles every night after work but today it seems like summer has finally caught up to us in south central Wisconsin. It is 91 degrees outside with about 80-90% humidity. I have not encountered a day this warm yet while I have been exercising. It's so stuffy out it feels as though I am breathing though a wet rag :sick: and that is without physical exertion! I think I possibly can motivate myself to do my walk because I know I will be coming home to a shower and air conditioning and I have no other meens at home to burn the calories I need to burn today. Is it safe to be out walking in the kind of humidity. I stay well hydrated so that is not a worry.

Replies

• tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    I walk 2 miles every night after work but today it seems like summer has finally caught up to us in south central Wisconsin. It is 91 degrees outside with about 80-90% humidity. I have not encountered a day this warm yet while I have been exercising. It's so stuffy out it feels as though I am breathing though a wet rag :sick: and that is without physical exertion! I think I possibly can motivate myself to do my walk because I know I will be coming home to a shower and air conditioning and I have no other meens at home to burn the calories I need to burn today. Is it safe to be out walking in the kind of humidity. I stay well hydrated so that is not a worry.
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    Yes, it's fine as long as you make sure to drink water, and you wear some sunscreen. Just make sure that you turn back when you start to feel tired, don't overdo it.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to wait till the sun goes down?

-Adrienne:heart:
  • kanne
    kanne Posts: 3
    Options
    I know that for me I have to go in the early mornings to beat the heat, I live in the desert so were in the high 90's or 100's most days. We don't have your humidity but it's always so much nicer in the morning than at night. If you can't do mornings try waiting till later in the night, after the sun goes down usually helps when the heat is unbearable.
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    I have to be to work by 6:45 AM and I am already a cranky b*tch getting up for that. I don't think I could get up any earlier. I don't want to wait until the sun goes down becuase I walk by myself and that freaks me out. I get home, feed the cats, take a pee break, grab the iPod, keys and pepper spray and head out the door. I don't even take off my shoes or I lose motivation. Luckliy I work at a place where I can wear sneakers.
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    I'm in southern WI too! Blech to all this humidity and heat is all I have to say :) Just wanted to say hi to another Wisconsin-ite!!
    Heidi