exercise

Options
My question is about calories I burn while exercising. I don't have a huge amount of weight to loose...I exercise most days and burn anywhere from 250 - 480 calories. Is it to my disadvantage to add those calories in to my daily total if I am still hungry or want to treat myself to an additional snack?

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused by your phrasing. Are you asking whether you should eat your exercise calories?
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I eat back at LEAST half of my exercise calories and have been steadily loosing 1-1.5 lbs/week for over a month now. If I don't I am starving and I can't do this if I am hungry all the time. I often eat close to all of them but I also burn about 400-600 and have trouble eating all that back.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    If you exercise everyday then you should add that to your daily total or you create a bigger calorie deficit, and it's not a good thing to loose weight too quickly.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I always eat back exercise calories. I've already lost my first goal of 5 pounds and am now just 5 pounds away from my final goal. Sometimes it can be tough getting my needed 1850- sometimes over 2000 calories, so I shoot for small meals that pack a high caloric load. Things like whole grain toast with all natural peanutbutter topped with a banana. My NET is as close to 1250 as I can get. Decided to be even more efficient last night and see how many calories I was under for the week by not quite making it to the NET 1250. It was about 259, so I ate them last night, was down 3 pounds this morning from last weeks weigh in.