30 Day Shred and Pure Burn, Pure Strength

Options
I (along with my girlfriend) cannot seem to do anything halfway, so why change now? lol

We both decided to get in shape a couple of weeks ago (I was technically obese). We joined MFP a while ago but didn't do anything with it. That is, until about a week ago when we bought Bob Harper’s Pure Burn, Pure Strength.

We started by doing the 20 minute beginner workout (it kicked out butts big time), but 2 days later we decided to go ahead and try the 67 minute workout. Holy cow!! It leveled us. We were so, so sore for the next couple of days. We couldn't even sleep very well because we were so sore. After a couple of days, it got a little better (little being the key word).

So we would get up in the morning and do the 20 minute workout. Then, when we got home from work, we would do the 67 minute workout. We were burning calories like mad! We were exhausted but felt great at the same time.

So, just 2 days ago, we went out and bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. We did it Sunday morning and then did Pure Strength that evening.

We are completely committed to doing 30 Day Shred in the morning and Pure Burn at night for at least 30 days. We feel a tad insane at going from couch potatoes to workout fiends, but it seems to be working so far. I have lost 18lbs in the last 11 days and everything is getting tighter and firmer.

We took before pics and measurements and I will post my photos this coming Wednesday (our check in days).

I cannot believe how hard these videos are. I used to scoff at people that worked out to these famous people. I'm not laughing anymore. Just feeling a little drained today and could use any encouragement you can spare.

Replies

• medaniel23
    Options
    Good job!! Keep it up!! :)
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are awesome! Keep going, I am sure you will be amazed with your results!!! Excited to see them myself Ü
  • mkskippy24
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome combo.... Maybe i'll try it AFTER i'm a little more in shape :wink:

I'm doing the shred now.... and keep with it. By day 4-5 you'll feel SO much better and stronger! Now i'm excited for lev 2 of the shred.... will let ya know how it goes :smile:
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!!!! I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and it kicks my butt!!!!!! I can't even imagine doing another video that intense in the same day!! I do add in p90x shoulders and arms since I don't quite get the arm burn with Jillian, but it wears me out to think about all that you're doing!!!!

Congrats on the weight loss! I'll try not be jealous! I've been on ehre for over a month and only lost 6 pounds!! But I have seen great overall improvements, so I'll take it!!

Good luck with the rest of your journey!!!!!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Think of working out like brushing your teeth, it's just another thing we do daily to aid in our overall health. Keep it up, you'll be so happy you did.
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    awesome job, keep up the good work! i too just bought the 30 day shred i hope it works for all of us :)
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you guys are doing so well...keep up the excellent work!
  • arw3b3
    arw3b3 Posts: 52
    Options
    WOW!!!!! I applaud you both for your effort and success. I have thought about trying the 30 day shred myself but have been doing the biggest loser workout for the Kinect and the Wii fit plus instead. I am curious to know what is involved in the 30 day shred...is it just a strict exercise program?

Congrats on your progress so far and keep with it!!!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep it up.
  • Mtinn502
    Mtinn502 Posts: 1
    Options
    That sounds great. Keep up the great work! You just inspired me with that. I was just getting by w/ walking, but you made me want to do more. Thanks and good luck on your weight lost! :smile: :smile:
  • masybel3
    masybel3 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well, you are both certainly impressing me LOADS! GOOD JOB!

I myself have to deal with a fit boyfriend that won't do any of these videos with me, so have to push myself to get
    in the gym or meet friends there to get physical. You seem to be doing a fantastic job, and I am sure you must already be feeling
    so much better in your clothes.

Keep going, don't questions if you want to do it or not, it is in your day's "plan" and I bet you feel great after the work out.
    Maybe talk to your girl to have "alternate" activities some days to explore other ways to loose wait and still be active? Squash is a GREAT cardio, hiking for a few hours (legs), kayaking (arms)?
    Maybe sundays could be YOUR day to try something new, even scary that you wouldn't do normally, but that could be easier with the new body, confidence and sensation of "everything is acheivable" we get from weight loss?

In any case, you are doing a great job and are certainly motivating me to get off my bum and to the gym. Good on you, and keep us posted on the progress!
  • tauruseth
    tauruseth Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! You are all wonderful people and I can't tell you how much an encouraging word from a stranger helps!
    Thank you and good luck to all!

arw3b3 - Yes, 30 Day shred is an exercise program. There are 3 levels of intensity. Let me tell you, even level 1 is hard. We actually considered starting on level 2 and I am so glad we didn't. This is day 3 of Shred and I don't even want to think about moving to level 2 yet.

masybel3- Thanks for the suggestions. We are more active in the summertime (we climbed Mt. St. Helens last year). We do a lot of hiking and other outdoor activities. We'll see how we feel after 30 days of Pure Burn and 30 Day Shred.

Take care all!