Hunger and Thirst Confusion

Options
I have been very good about making sure I get lots of water everyday for the last few weeks. Today I was out running errands and hanging out with my family and didn't get enough water. I am discovering that lack of water has caused me to feel hungry. It's cool to be recognizing this because in the past I would just keep eating but I have figured out that re-hydrating curbs the hunger and helps me stay in control.

Replies

• WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, I know exactly what you mean. I have read somewhere that drinking 2 cups of water prior to every meal/snack helps a lot with not feeling so hungry afterward. Seems to work for me, plus I like water anyway. Now if only I would not have to go pee soo much:)
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I drink flavored water that way it seems like it somekind of juice, but there is no cals.
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you! The first thing I do if I think I am hungry is drink a glass of water! I actually have been teaching this to my kids too, I think they like to snack out of bordem so I gave them each a water bottle and told them to take a big drink if they think they are hungry. My oldest daughter actually drank 3 bottles in one day!
  • HelloSaydiz
    Options
    Yes, I agree with the last part about not having to go rush to the rest room like every hour...which to some degree may discourage the water consumption; but, if it will help with the weight loss then the restroom is my new happy place...lol
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling that you can recognize the difference. I have learned that when I feel hungry I think - am I really? Usually it is "No", I am thirsty.