Help?!?!

Options
Am I eating enough? I am losing weight pretty quickly (average 3 pounds a week). My diet as changed tremendously- healthy. I work out 4-6 times a week for 250 minutes a week. I've loss about 70 pounds with 70-80 more pounds to go. I'm never hungry as I eat every 3-4 hours. I think I eat more than enough, however a few of my friends think I should eat more to accommodate my exercising.

Here's my menu today, which is about 1,500 calories:

Breakfast: Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 2/3 cup, Quaker - Instant Oatmeal - Low sugar- 1 packet, Turkey Bacon, 2 slices

Snack: 3 egg whites and apple (medium), Coffee with Creamer, 3 tsp.

Lunch- Subway - 6 Inch Turkey on Wheat Double Meat (NO Cheese, NO MAYO, just veggies) and Del Monte - Cut Green Beans 50% Less Salt, 1 cup mixed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1/2 Tbsp

Dinner: Perdue - Fit & Easy Breast Tenderloins, 4 oz (cooked) and Mixed Greens 1 cup and Sweet Potato, Baked With Skin, 97 g.

Snack: Orville Reddenbacher - 100-Calorie Smart Pop 94% Fat Free Popcorn Mini Bag, 1 bag, 100 calorie almonds/walnuts pack.

Replies

• skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I think you should listen to your body, as long as it's working. If you feel satisfied and have good energy, then why worry about it? ....just my opinion....
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I agree! It looks and sounds like you're doing everything right. If you're feeling full and comfortable, no need to make changes. If you happen to plateau, that's when things could be re-evaluated... but great job so far!!
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    agree^
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    I agree! Everyones body is different - like jaime said if you happen to plateau then make adjustments - otherwise great job!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I made the following tweak to your diet, give this a shot if you start to slow down, sometimes if we have a lot of weight to lose and jump right into a healhty diet the weight comes of rapidly, in the meantime though if what you are doing is working then stick with it,

Breakfast: Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 2/3 cup, Quaker - Instant Oatmeal - Low sugar- 1 packet, Turkey Bacon, 2 slices -3 egg whites

Snack: apple (medium), Coffee with Creamer, 3 tsp.

Lunch- Subway - 6 Inch Turkey on Wheat Double Meat (NO Cheese, NO MAYO, just veggies) and Del Monte - Cut Green Beans 50% Less Salt, 1 cup mixed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1/2 Tbsp

Dinner: Perdue - Fit & Easy Breast Tenderloins, 4 oz (cooked) and Mixed Greens 1 cup and Sweet Potato, Baked With Skin, 97 g.

Snack: Orville Reddenbacher - 100-Calorie Smart Pop 94% Fat Free Popcorn Mini Bag, 1 bag, 100 calorie almonds/walnuts pack.
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    To me it looks like you have a healthy eating plan there, certainly not starvation diet trap that some folks fall into. I used to lose about the same amount of weight per week also (with about 70 pounds lost in 7 month) but you will find it does slow down as you get closer to your goal weight. I tend to have a lot of veggies with every meal. The important part is the exercise you are doing too at the same time. That will get you fit, not just thin. Just think, in no time at all you will be speeding down the road with the greatest of ease.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!If you are seeing results and aren`t hungry,i`d go for it.Good luck!!
  • popsicle33
    popsicle33 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think everyone's answers are making sense. As long as you feel like you are getting enough energy, keep up the great work.

I do believe that if you have any concerns that you're losing weight too fast (depends on what is "too fast" for you), or if you find you are losing weight for no clear reason, check with a physician.

Sounds like you are experiencing what many of us wish for! Hooray for you!!
    :glasses:
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    WOW I feel much better! Thank you everyone! I was getting nervous as I feel full, and satisfied, but friends insisted I eat more.

I think my diet is pretty balanced. Once again, BIG THANK YOU!

ETA: I should correct myself. I have about 50 to go if I'm being liberal. 70-80 for a lower end on the BMI chart.