30 days in.....

beatlemom
beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Today I am one month into using MFP. In 30 days I have lost 18 pounds and around 3 inches. There are so many things about using this site that helped, including motivation from my new friends as well as using my food diary to hold myself accountable...
Several things contributed to my weight gain over the years...quitting smoking, childbirth (he's 10 years old) I have a stressful job as a restaurant manager, I love food, etc... but those things can be overcome and I really believe that I am gonna be as healthy in my 40s as I was in my 20s!
I guess I just want to say that if you are new and unsure, read the forums. Read the success stories. Add new friends every day they are a great motivation. Be honest in your food diary, exercise (cause diet alone just wont cut it) and most importantly; DON'T GIVE UP!
I remind myself of my goals every day.
I log in every day.
I feel better every day!

Replies

• holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Congrats for the weight and inch lost!!!! Great job for all the hard work!!! MFP is amazing website and if used correct the best way if to lose weight!! Keep it up :)
  • darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Wow...great work, well done!
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    I like it, congrats on your new found journey and the accomplishment you have achieved already! I'm very proud of you!
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    Amen sister! I have 71 days in and 35lbs gone :) like most lifestyle programs, it works if you work it!
  • kerridactyl
    kerridactyl Posts: 9 Member
    Oh wow! Congratulations! That's an incredible loss, and I am so proud of you! You're an inspiration to me, and I have never even met you---so you deserve to feel absolutely brilliant about yourself. :D
This discussion has been closed.