bad habits

armywife121110
armywife121110 Posts: 117
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
We today for example, I haven't eaten ALL day but I just don't feel hungry!! ( i do drink alot of water) And everyday I am under my calorie goal. I don't know weather to take this as a good thing or bad thing. My husband constantly yells at me for not eating but do I eat ever if I don't feel hungry??

Replies

• MR11
    MR11 Posts: 6 Member
    If you have been doing this for a long time or even a short amount of time, you body grows accustom to not having hunger pains. I have been there in my past. In order to get them started again, you need to eat regularly thoughout the day even if you don't feel those hunger pains. If you drink a lot of water, that could be contributing to it too. Water makes you feel full. It is not good to not eat because your body will go into starvation mode and it will make it even harder to lose weight and then when you do start to eat again, you will gain because your body will wander if you are going to not eat again so it will hold on to whatever you just ate. I hope I make some sense. In time, you will begin to feel hungry again but you need to eat at least three meals and two snacks a day.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    yes you do.
    you have to train your body to KNOW it is going to get all the nutrients it needs every day, otherwise it sort of goes into self protection mode... you lose your hunger, you store every single thing you eat as fat.

You need eat your calories nutriously, yup
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Think of it this way:

You know you need so much water a day, do you're drinking without feeling *really* thirsty, right?

So, how is the fuel for your body (food) any different?
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    You need to eat to fuel your body. Although you may not feel hungry, your body still needs that fuel to burn calories and to function properly. Think more in terms of eating small amounts throughout the day. I eat breakfast (200-300 cals), a 10 am snack (~100 cals), lunch (300-400 cals), 3 pm snack (~100cals), then dinner (500-600 cals). At the most I eat 1500 cals, under my goal, then if I add in my exercise calories I am well under my goal. I need the fuel so that my metabolism is revved to burn optimum calories. I see food as fuel now, not as comfort or entertainment. It has worked for me. :)
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Maybe start by snacking on something like almonds. They have a lot of calories and good fat but also taste good, so they're easy to eat. At least to get some more calories. You could also try to start the day with a bigger breakfast. I find that days I don't eat breakfast, I'm not as hungry at lunch, but when I eat breakfast, I'm starving by lunch. Doesn't really make logical sense, but it really kicks in your metabolism for the day and tells your body that you're gonna get more fuel. Sounds like if you have been not eating much for a while, it's not gonna happen overnight, but you'll be able to eat more throughout the day. I also saw a post by someone who explained the very same thing they went through and just to warn you, they said that they gained at first, for maybe 2 weeks, but then started really dropping weight. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • thx everyone!! I started off today with breakfast (cereal) even though i wasn't hungry and have a few snacks that I will incorprate throughout the day!! I'm gonna try to get close to my calorie goal today!!!
This discussion has been closed.