'Core Secrets 'Off the ball'?

Options
Does anyone on here use this dvd for exercise? because im just wondering how much calories you would burn doing it? it makes me sweat so it must be ok for me

Replies

• chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I use a different core secrets dvd some and I log it as calithenics usually (not sure how to spell that)!!
  • chrissys97ce
    Options
    ok thanks the only reason why i only do this dvd at the moment is because i dont have the ball to do the others lol
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have a couple core secrets dvd's, I used them regularly till I got off track for three months. One of them I won't be using anything soon, as I hurt my arm, but I'm thinking about taking up AB Attack again to work on the lower abs. But I wasn't tracking my calories before. I really love these, I think they are fantastic workouts.
  • KnittingJoy
    Options
    This MFP site gives a 98 calorie burn for 25 minutes of Pilates. So I figure that Gunnar Peterson's "Core Secrets" 25-minute full body workout should be at LEAST 100 calories, probably more. Until I learn more I'm recording the low 100 calories burned.

What do the rest of you using this DVD workout think??
  • RachelLRobbins
    RachelLRobbins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Did you ever find out the calorie count for Core Secrets? I use this DVD and just started MFP. I want to log my burn but don't know what to put in for it.
  • BrownEyedJerseyGirl
    Options
    I enter it as calisthenics and let MFP calculate the calories. I just started using the Core Secrets series when I started MFP (January 2, 2012) and I have already seen great results with toning. Depending on which DVD I'm doing and how much energy I exert I log either Calisthenics - Light or Calisthenics - Vigorous.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Since I last posted I started using 3 of His workouts again. And I used a Hrm so I had accurate burn. I never use calisthenics to record anything, it all goes under cardio. I have burned between 8 0 and 130 per 20 -35 min depending on the dvd. Now I have taken different parts of these and Jillian Michaels and some things from online and put together my own strengthening workout. Which now being in the shape I am is like 80 per 35 minutes.
  • Lady_Tilika
    Options
    Thanks for sharing sharing peoples :) This is now the 2nd I have Gunnars head to toe from core secrets I found it quite good both times last got a little burn for 2 days after it (That was after after a 4 day leg from Jullian Micheals 30 day shred level 1) .... As you guys can probably tell I am a newbie here and to exercising this way as a kid I was very active and always prefer the outside physical jobs over the house work .... These days I still prefer the outdoors but find the house work can be beneficial so for this reason when I do it I get stuck into it :laugh: ....

As for my exercise Diary for the Head to Toe I added Calisthetics (if I spelt that right) light to moderate for 30mins and got 126 calories and I was happy with that :flowerforyou: