MSG free protein bars?

Options
pkpzp228
pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
Anyone have a suggestion for msg free protein bars, preferably low carb? I'm not going to list out all the variations of msg name but no protein hydroslyate, sodium/calcium caseinate, etc. You get the point.

TIA

Replies

• ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    Have you tried Odwalla Super Protein?
  • nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    hey, im curious why not calcium caseinate? That"s a slow release protein preferably taken before bed
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Depends - how strong is your MSG conspiracy theorizing?

Because any protein bar WILL contain whey or soy, as those are the protein sources for the bars. My mom is very anti-MSG conspiracy theorist, and will not eat whey or soy as those are "hidden MSG."

Personally I don't buy that because I know where those processed proteins come from, and if you do have a reaction to them, it's usually from dehydration.

--

Point being, you might have to stick with granola bars that have nuts for protein bars.
  • lperezlopes
    Options
    How about Kashi bars?
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    hey, im curious why not calcium caseinate? That"s a slow release protein preferably taken before bed

yea I get that, I'm trying to limit the amount of msg I get. I will typically take a caseinate protein prior to bed but in terms of my overall daily protein goals I'm looking for suplimentation.

As to the MSG conspiracy, I have found it difficult to find bars without some form so I question weather there is any better option.

EDIT: yes I know pure forms (eggs whites, chicken, etc) are the better option, but I cant be eating egg whites all day long.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I really do think any protein bar you find is going to have some form of whey or soy... Gonna have to stick to nut bars or just raw nuts.