Can I eat the same thing every day? Advice please.

Options
How bad would it be to (for a short amount of time) for me to eat the same thing every day? Not only to make it easier with work, but to get a cleanse and 'detox' from my sugar, cheese and caffeine addiction? I'm feeling like a need a big change!

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i've halfed my caffeine intake replacing it with water:smile:
  • samanthastone123
    Options
    I think it is ok as long as you can put in small variations. I eat soup most nights for dinner. I just pick a different kind each time. I also eat Cheerios every morning for breakfast; however one morning I will add blueberries and the next it will be strawberries!

Good Luck! Let me know if it works!

Miss Tizz~! I also have a Cheese addiction!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I think thats fine. Dr Oz recomends that two of your meals stay the same while you are losing weight. I keep my breakfast and lunch the same most days. If its easier for you then do it! :flowerforyou:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I have seen Dr Oz quoted as saying that eating the same three meals and snacks for two weeks is a good way to control issues raised by too many choices in your diet, Not sure how true that is, but it sounds reasonable to me as long as it is for a limited time and you are eating a balanced diet containing all your nutrients.
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    See if you like this... I don't see why you can pick out your favorite items from the lists, and then just eat that every single day. This detox, is based on the Sadkhin Complex. Look it up and see what I changed about it. This one is very very good to for detoxing and weight loss. Good luck to you!!

Here it is:

This is NOT the commercial weight loss plans that cost a bunch of money, they have other things they do in their programs that are trademark that I can't tell you, this is just an eating plan based on healthy eating habits, and based on other things I have experienced that work.

Choose the items off both lists that you are confident you can live on for at least 5 days, preferably 12 days if you have a bigger weight loss goal, and resolve to commit to this plan and you will realize excellent weight loss.

VEGGIES:

Asparagus, beets, bell peppers, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, collard greens, (really any kind of greens), cucumbers, green beans, lettuce, onions, spinach, tomatoes.

PROHIBITED:

Corn, peas, potatoes and mushrooms are prohibited because of their content

FRUITS:

Apples, apricots, **avacados, **bananas, black berries, blue berries, cantalope, cherries, honey dew melon, kiwi, mandarin orange, **mangos, nectarines, oranges, papaya, peaches, pears, pineapple, plums, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon.

**Limit of one per day due to their content

Milk Days:

20 oz whole milk

Ok, this is something that I did and it works, although it is intense... you may even think it's weird, but it works... I lost about 10lbs in a week and a half and have kept it off.
    You will be eating a combination of certain fruits and certain veggies for 3 days then only drinking whole milk for 1 days... now during all days you will be drinking any kind of bagged tea (nothing from a can or bottle please, just bagged, sweetened with "honey only" and this is unlimited (if you don't like honey, please only use a sweetener like equal or splenda or something of that nature, no sugar). No cream either. If you want Iced tea then just do the hot bagged tea and pour it over a tall glass of ice. And drink just enough water from keeping you from dehydrating and being thirsty. Do not drink a lot of water, because it will stretch out your stomach and make you more hungry and it will slow your digestive process by diluting your stomach acids. This really isn't a weight loss, but a cleanse....with the benefit of large amounts of weight loss.
    You can combine any of the items from the lists above, and eat them in unlimited amounts unless otherwise noted, for 3 days in a row (with the tea and water only). On the 4th day, you have the tea, water and the 20 oz of milk, no fruits or veggies or anything solid.
    Do not eat anything after 7 pm on any day. You can drink from the time you get up until you lay your head on your pillow, you can have tea or water when you first get up and until you go to bed. You can scatter your food intake all day in small portions, and keep yourself full this way, but don't eat before 8 am and don't eat after 7 pm. Stay with the food items listed only (the ones you like off the lists, choose the ones you like so you can stay successful). You can choose to do this for 5 days or go as long as 12 days. But keep alternating the 3 day veggie/fruit and the 1 day milk. If you have any questions at all, please ask me. I created this myself based on my experiences and also based on a plan that people are paying a lot of money to lose up to 30 lbs a month on.

If you have a real problem with hunger, then you also should go get your self a good appetite suppressant without a stimulant. Also, very important, go buy yourself a good multivitamin with iron and calcium in it and take one a day without fail during this cleanse.

You must drink whole milk for the fat and protein.

OH and you can use the wishbone spritzers for salad dressings, but don't overdo them. That's fine, but no bottles of dressing that you pour or squeeze out. Just the spray kind.

Keep in touch with me ok?? OH, and when you come to the end of your 5 or 7 or 10 or 12 day span on this, you can eat for 2 days anything you want, but not in unreasonable amounts. Then go back on the plan in whatever span of days you want, then back on the 2 days of whatever you want, within reason. Go online and start an account with MyFitnessPal.com and log in and record what you're eating and stay within a healthy calorie range. The site it FREE and guides you every step of the way!! And it really is helping a whole bunch of people lose weight even eating normal foods, like burgers, nutty bars, girl scout cookies, pasta, anything!! Although healthier options will expedite weight loss!! You can have whatever you want, just within reason. Let MFP help!!

Dont forget, any questions, please ask!!

Leah Ryon
    734-512-3183
    HelpingTheWorldOnePersonAtATime@yahoo.com
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast and lunch everyday until I get sick of it, then I switch it up. I basically have two breakfast types and two lunch types that I switch out. On the weekends I am not as strict about the content of my breakfast because it doesn't need to keep me full for as long. I try to stay within the same calories though.

Breakfast: Eggs, ham, lf cheese, coffee banana or Whole oats/ steel cut oats made with almond milk and berries

Lunch: Soup with fruit and cheese or a wrap with an apple and peanut butter
  • mcjen0442
    Options
    I find I stick to the same for a while until I get bored then I find something else. But I am one that could eat the same thing all the time for a couple meals everyday and not bat an eyelash. I usually pick a few things then just rotate them. I too am not as strict on the weekends, I usually use those days to find new healthy things to try since I am not confined to my routine.
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's bad unless the meals you choose are fast food and candy bars. Balance the nutrition, make sure you get your 5 fruits and veggies a day and you should be fine.

Personally, too much sameness drives me crazy. I crave variety in food, but I'm like that about everything else in life too. If you feel comfortable with a two week stretch of the same diet, go for it. Just make sure you don't backlash into eating unhealthy foods from boredom.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    See if you like this... I don't see why you can pick out your favorite items from the lists, and then just eat that every single day. This detox, is based on the Sadkhin Complex. Look it up and see what I changed about it. This one is very very good to for detoxing and weight loss. Good luck to you!!

Here it is:

This is NOT the commercial weight loss plans that cost a bunch of money, they have other things they do in their programs that are trademark that I can't tell you, this is just an eating plan based on healthy eating habits, and based on other things I have experienced that work.

Choose the items off both lists that you are confident you can live on for at least 5 days, preferably 12 days if you have a bigger weight loss goal, and resolve to commit to this plan and you will realize excellent weight loss.

VEGGIES:

Asparagus, beets, bell peppers, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, collard greens, (really any kind of greens), cucumbers, green beans, lettuce, onions, spinach, tomatoes.

PROHIBITED:

Corn, peas, potatoes and mushrooms are prohibited because of their content

FRUITS:

Apples, apricots, **avacados, **bananas, black berries, blue berries, cantalope, cherries, honey dew melon, kiwi, mandarin orange, **mangos, nectarines, oranges, papaya, peaches, pears, pineapple, plums, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon.

**Limit of one per day due to their content

Milk Days:

20 oz whole milk

Ok, this is something that I did and it works, although it is intense... you may even think it's weird, but it works... I lost about 10lbs in a week and a half and have kept it off.
    You will be eating a combination of certain fruits and certain veggies for 3 days then only drinking whole milk for 1 days... now during all days you will be drinking any kind of bagged tea (nothing from a can or bottle please, just bagged, sweetened with "honey only" and this is unlimited (if you don't like honey, please only use a sweetener like equal or splenda or something of that nature, no sugar). No cream either. If you want Iced tea then just do the hot bagged tea and pour it over a tall glass of ice. And drink just enough water from keeping you from dehydrating and being thirsty. Do not drink a lot of water, because it will stretch out your stomach and make you more hungry and it will slow your digestive process by diluting your stomach acids. This really isn't a weight loss, but a cleanse....with the benefit of large amounts of weight loss.
    You can combine any of the items from the lists above, and eat them in unlimited amounts unless otherwise noted, for 3 days in a row (with the tea and water only). On the 4th day, you have the tea, water and the 20 oz of milk, no fruits or veggies or anything solid.
    Do not eat anything after 7 pm on any day. You can drink from the time you get up until you lay your head on your pillow, you can have tea or water when you first get up and until you go to bed. You can scatter your food intake all day in small portions, and keep yourself full this way, but don't eat before 8 am and don't eat after 7 pm. Stay with the food items listed only (the ones you like off the lists, choose the ones you like so you can stay successful). You can choose to do this for 5 days or go as long as 12 days. But keep alternating the 3 day veggie/fruit and the 1 day milk. If you have any questions at all, please ask me. I created this myself based on my experiences and also based on a plan that people are paying a lot of money to lose up to 30 lbs a month on.

If you have a real problem with hunger, then you also should go get your self a good appetite suppressant without a stimulant. Also, very important, go buy yourself a good multivitamin with iron and calcium in it and take one a day without fail during this cleanse.

You must drink whole milk for the fat and protein.

OH and you can use the wishbone spritzers for salad dressings, but don't overdo them. That's fine, but no bottles of dressing that you pour or squeeze out. Just the spray kind.

Keep in touch with me ok?? OH, and when you come to the end of your 5 or 7 or 10 or 12 day span on this, you can eat for 2 days anything you want, but not in unreasonable amounts. Then go back on the plan in whatever span of days you want, then back on the 2 days of whatever you want, within reason. Go online and start an account with MyFitnessPal.com and log in and record what you're eating and stay within a healthy calorie range. The site it FREE and guides you every step of the way!! And it really is helping a whole bunch of people lose weight even eating normal foods, like burgers, nutty bars, girl scout cookies, pasta, anything!! Although healthier options will expedite weight loss!! You can have whatever you want, just within reason. Let MFP help!!

Dont forget, any questions, please ask!!

Leah Ryon
    734-512-3183
    HelpingTheWorldOnePersonAtATime@yahoo.com

I find this really interesting. One question, I don't drink cow's milk....can I sub almond milk (unsweetened) for the cow's milk? Thanks!!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Oh, and can I have plain coffee in the morning, and lemon juice for my greens?? Thanks!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    i eat more or the less the same thing every day. with slight variations of course(when i run ouit of something!)...but more or less the same.
    I see no issues with it. I do it, because i need to eat a decent amount of food and eating pretty much the same thing makes this a breeze. Been doing it since new years...
  • fatgirllittlesuit
    fatgirllittlesuit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I ate chicken and brown rice almost every day once when dieting and lost over fifteen pounds very fast. I actually loved the chicken and rice and found that once I stopped eating other foods, I forgot what they tasted like and didn't even miss them. You must eat something you enjoy or you may find yourself on a binge after a few days!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I binge every week, hehe. my favourite being a good pizza (the whole thing), or the greek resturant round the corner :p
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    If I ate the same thing every day I'd end up bored and not wanting to keep it up. If it's only for a short period of time and with a purpose that you knew had a specifically alloted time frame, then it might not be as bad. But letting your body get too used to the same exact food and calorie amount every single day is also a recipe for a plateau.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing and if it will get you out of some bad habits, then it sounds like a very good idea!
    Just make sure you have a good balance of nutrients, because if you aren't getting variety in your foods you could be missing out on something necessary.