logging kettlebell workouts

Options
I am getting a hrm in a couple weeks when I get paid...and typically I have just been logging my workouts based on the MFP database....examples, for zumba I would put it as modern dance, for one of my cardio workout dvd's I log as aerobics etc.

The Kettlebell workout dvd I just got is called Power Body Kettlebell Bootcamp with Angie Miller. I have not done it yet, so I don't know what all it entails but if anyone else has done this workout dvd or a similar kettlebell workout, can you help me figure out how to log it?

Replies

• alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I too have recently started working out with kettlebells, and there is nothing in the database. I would think that if you use your HRM, to track calories burned you could add it as one of your own exercises. It is explained in the (help) section how to add your own exercise.
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I can't afford to order a HRM for at least 2 more weeks, and it will probably be another week before I actually get it....the only reason I got a new dvd is because it is from the library. :o)
    I am trying to figure out a workout that the kettlebell workout is similar to so I can still track it before I get a HRM.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I ordered a HRM last week and still waiting for its arrival......I use kettebells too. Hopefully I'll receive it soon, if you want I can tell you what reading I get just to give you an idea.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request............I'm an in-home daycare provider too!!
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request............I'm an in-home daycare provider too!!

awesome!!
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've gone to classes at a the local kettlebell gym (rkc certified) and have ordered some dvd's from dragondoor.com, i was just going to put it under high impact aerobics (sorry Pavel!) or strenuous weight training since its kinda a mix of both...feels like it anyway.
  • karenpinkchick
    Options
    I did that dvd with my HRM on and burnt 290 calories :) The thing with weights is u burn more after you finish exercising and its supposed to boost your metabolism