How many calories should a 12 year old trying to diet consum

Options
I'm twelve and I've been eating 1000 calories a day. Is that enough? How many should I be eating if I want to lose a little weight? My BMR is 1081 and my BMI says I'm at a healthy weight. I'd like to be at the lowest point a healthy weight. I will NEVER starve myself so no worries there (: I want to be healthy but I am 4'8 and my weight goes to my mid-section so I look more plump. I am pretty self-concious so I'm trying to lose 6 more lbs and then keep it off by eating right (not hogging out; portioning my food) and exercising an hour a day (walking, hula hooping, lifting cans, pushups). I usually walk 2.5mph for one hour and end off the day with 50 pushups (: Thank you for your help! :flowerforyou:

74156.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm twelve and I've been eating 1000 calories a day. Is that enough? How many should I be eating if I want to lose a little weight? My BMR is 1081 and my BMI says I'm at a healthy weight. I'd like to be at the lowest point a healthy weight. I will NEVER starve myself so no worries there (: I want to be healthy but I am 4'8 and my weight goes to my mid-section so I look more plump. I am pretty self-concious so I'm trying to lose 6 more lbs and then keep it off by eating right (not hogging out; portioning my food) and exercising an hour a day (walking, hula hooping, lifting cans, pushups). I usually walk 2.5mph for one hour and end off the day with 50 pushups (: Thank you for your help! :flowerforyou:

74156.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    heellooooo?