Need to burn 500 cal/day help!!!

Options
Can you guys recommend any workout that burns at least 500 cal/hour?
I appreciate any input!!!

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I do the elliptical trainer, and I burn around 700 calories per hour.
  • ashleighasbury
    Options
    Me too! Always up for a good challenge!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    You are about 100 lbs lighter than me but I can tell you that Turbo Jam burns more calories for me than anything. I use my HRM to calculate the burn and If I do a 35-45 minute routine, I can burn 1000+ calories. Plus, it's fun!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!
    Dance Your A** Offf Video
    Running
  • TurboJenn
    TurboJenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Turbofire is awesome I burn over 700 calories in an hour and i have so much fun doing it!
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Try Zumba or body attack. Racquetball works too if you are really going at it. But yes to Zumba for sure!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Check out Leslie Sansone dvds. You can find them at Walmart or on amazon. It's power walking and I LOVE it (5 miles fat burning is my fav)!!
  • rmcheathbabe
    Options
    Kettleworx dvds! You can burn up to 500 cals in 30 minutes!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Running - either indoors or outdoors burns about 550 calories an hour for me. I can also burn about 500-600 bicycling for an hour - make sure you keep up the pace and find some hills though. I don't have any exercise videos that burn that much in an hour, but the TurboFire High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) 30 minute video burns about 250 calories for me. The amount you burn in an hour will depend on your age and weight and average heart rate during the exercise, though, so your figures will be different to mine.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    It's going to depend on your age, height and weight as to the rate you burn calories. If you have a heart rate monitor available to you, it's going to be your best option for figuring this out. If I walk at a 3.5 mph pace for an hour, I end up burning about 500 calories.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    You are about 100 lbs lighter than me but I can tell you that Turbo Jam burns more calories for me than anything. I use my HRM to calculate the burn and If I do a 35-45 minute routine, I can burn 1000+ calories. Plus, it's fun!

1000+ calories seems really high for 35-45 minutes of physical activity. What's your average heart rate during this workout? An hour of TurboJam only burns about 400-450 for me.
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Running!
  • jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    ZUMBA! ZUMBA! ZUMBA~!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    running, Turbokick/TurboFire, Zumba. I weigh less than you and always burn at least 500 cals/hour during these!
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Running!!! and Circuit Training!! very effcient

zumba is fun, but its not as intense!

i do about 10 cals/minute on running, same thing with circuit training.
    its all about the heart rate.
  • gringa74
    gringa74 Posts: 1
    Options
    It's going to depend on your age, height and weight as to the rate you burn calories. If you have a heart rate monitor available to you, it's going to be your best option for figuring this out. If I walk at a 3.5 mph pace for an hour, I end up burning about 500 calories.

You right!
    Do Zumba or Cardio Boxing.. I burned between 500 to 550 an hour doing cardio boxing or Zumba, good workout and good sweat.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Really something a simple as walking can burn that amount if you do it a high pace. If you really wanna count calories burn then a HRM is your best option. And as others said, it varies on age, height, weight etc.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You can do a lot of things to burn 500 in an hour. I just rode my bike for an hour and fifteen minutes and burnt 983. Cardo, treadmill, running, even power walking. Get a HRM and just go for it by doing something you like.
  • gsallit
    gsallit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I love this site, you guys are awesome!!!