This time it's for real?

Options
Hey..
Since being a high level athlete in college 12 years ago... I've watched my body slowly change for the worse.... it's caused me stress and unhappiness... i've always worked out but it's been very inconsistent.... i can't seem to make permanent lifestyle changes.... take for example yesterday st patty's day parade and parties... must have been a 5000 calorie day.

I guess my biggest obstacle has been to always try to do things on my own... so that's why I'm here trying to open up a little.

So .. umm... Hi !!!!

Replies

• susancelli928
    Options
    Hi and welcome. This is a great site and really makes you be responsible for you but with great support if you want it. Just remember to be true to you and the goals you want. Good Luck
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You should change the Title of that post to "This time its for real!". If you really want this, you can go anywhere with it! Everyone here is so helpful and there is so many different calculations for exercise and foods, that no one really has any excuse about not knowing anything. Good luck to you!!!!!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    welcome. This is a great place to start everyone is so supportative. You are right it has to be a lifestyle change and not a diet. That is the only way it will work for us long term. You can do this! The food journal is a great tool and will help get you in check. I just started about a week ago and some days were better than others but I feel great because I am learning about my habits and being honest with myself so I can make a change. :smile:
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    This time it IS for REAL!!! Welcome to you!!! The beautiful thing about MFP is that it makes you WANT to do and be better. its such a supportive network of ppl that are all here for the same purpose! Good luck to you and welcome!
  • mommomlynn
    mommomlynn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm new too...only 6 days...I am so happy with this weight loss tool..................look forward to tracking my food everyday because it's so easy...and helps keep you on track. Good Luck to you on your journey! :happy:
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined a couple of days ago. I found this web site unexpectadly. But I'm SO glad I did! So far I'm amazed at how awesome this community is.

I too have been inconsistant in the past with diet and exercise. But I'm giving it my all to change that right now.

We're so gonna succeed with this!! :happy: