Morbidly Obese. PCOS. Motivation.

Options
So I found a site where I can vent on a daily basis on my struggles with weight loss. Thank God!
Hi Everyone, I'm Lauren.
I weigh, as of this evening, 404 pounds...holy crap!
I bought a scale last year that weighed up to 400 and wasn't able to even weigh myself. The scale has been in my closet, buried, until today. I've been doing water aerobics at a local YMCA 5 days a week for 2 weeks now and i plan to continue. I thought what the hell lemme see if I'm making any sort of progress. Well, I'm shocked, the scale weighed me lol. I didn't see a big E. Now that is motivation! I need to be under 400 as my first initial goal. My next goal is 350 and so on and so on.....
I've been big my whole life and up until last year I thought I'd be BIG MY WHOLE LIFE. No no no! I'm 25 years old and can't have children. That is completely unacceptable to me. I've wanted more than anything to be a mommy and there is no healthy way to be one at 404 pounds.
I'm on a mission...not only for me but for my future child that I will have one way or another. Even if I can't conceive one, I'd like to be healthy enough to adopt one. Pcos is not fun but I deal.
A few other goals are to fit on a ride at six flags, book a flight without be worried they might kick me off, to wear shorts comfortably, (TMI) to have sex standing up =), and many many more.....
I'm happily married to the most wonderful man i could have ever met. He has accepted me at my worst and I can't wait to show him my best.
I look foreward to talking with all of you and reading your struggles and success stories. Thanks for reading. Hopefully talk to ya soon =)

Replies

• elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me as a friend if you'd like. This site is amazing and I wish you luck on your journey.
  • mikeylikesit1177
    Options
    Welcome Lauren. You have already taken the first step and made the commitment to achieving your goals. Now we will help you through it. Never EVER give up and we wont give up on you either. Welcome to the family!!!!
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place for motivation and friends!! Good luck to you on your journey, You CAN do this!!! Add me if youd like :happy:
  • vwfrog
    vwfrog Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, Lauren ! Welcome ! Add me!
  • vwfrog
    vwfrog Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oh, and Congrats on the " No E " !! :D
  • gingermim
    gingermim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard...it is certainly helping me to stay motivated and that is no easy chore. I am not sure what PCO's stands for but I do know what it is like to be overweight and I have about 60 lbs to go to reach my final goal...I find setting monthly/weekly goals is helping me and honestly drink drink drink...cause that is the answer to not feeling hungry all the time. Good luck on your journey we are here if you need to vent.
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    you have a great attitude and are in the right place to keep you motivated!! you WILL be successful and have taken the first step...:flowerforyou:
  • RitaPrior
    RitaPrior Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am so there. I started at 350. I am at 335 now. It's such a struggle. This webite is a totally blessing. I am learning how to watch what I eat and it's great that it calculates exercise and everything. I just made a goal by doing 15 minutes on the elliptical. My goal is to be at 30 minutes by May 1st.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step to success! :) I can't wait to see your succeed, girl. :)
  • Punky85
    Punky85 Posts: 5
    Options
    You guys are awesome. Thank you for your praise and motivation. =)

Pcos basically means I don't ovulate like i should...hard to have babies.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this! Find activities that you can enjoy and can do consistently, focus on good nutrition and portion control, and don't let anything get between you and where you want to be. I was in the obese category for years and used to think I was doomed to be there forever. But once I finally started losing I got excited about it and kept going and going. You will feel SO much better with each goal you make. Don't ever doubt it: it's worth it!
  • MeaganAnn84
    Options
    Hi Lauren, you are FOR SURE in the right place. Nothin' but LOVE here, and motivation and support. You can add me as a friend if you wish. It's fun to watch people lose weight, and read their food diary to see what they're eating, etc. Have fun, good luck!
  • koalasue
    koalasue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Sounds like you are well on your way. Yeah for you! What a great motivation! Wanting to have a child that is awesome.

Keep it going!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    How great that you've jumped on the bandwagon with the rest of us, Lauren, it's a good place to start towards making a new you. It takes lots of work but so many people have such great success stories - we can have ours, too! I started in November last year and have been losing about a pound a week. It's a long commitment to reach our goals, but we'll be soooo happy when we do! I strongly urge you do start this journey now instead of waiting like I did. I'm twice your age and then some :wink:

Best of luck! Keep us posted!
  • jaded42
    jaded42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This site has definitely been the ONLY thing that has kept me motivated..I feel like if I dont do what I need to do then I will look awful to others..and to me..thats a good thing!! Its kinda like a competition within myself to make sure I at least try to eat better and to get more exercise..hearing feedback from others on here is definitely awesome!!! Add me if you want..its always nice to make new friends..especially when we are all here for the same reason..to lose weight and have better health and to improve our lives!!! Best wishes to you!!!! You CAN do this!!!!
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have PCOS too. I did some research last year and found out the cysts like and grow with sugar. I have completely cut out sugar and caffeine.

Good luck!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

I just posted a topic a little while ago on here how I couldn't find the motivation to work out or treat myself better by eating healthier foods. I read your post, and I was so inspired by your desire to get healthy.

Thank you so much for sharing your story and I know you will reach your goals!

L.
  • keishkeish
    keishkeish Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    girl you are funnnnnyyyy...if can relate with you on the scale thing...i went on the scale after eyeing it....like forever and low&below i was looking at 281lbs, so i got a shirt saying 'on a mission" lololo.... joined this sight and started my mission. I hate the thought of calorie counting but so far its been ok, ive start eyeing the scale again but im waitin for sat...looking forward to completing our mission :flowerforyou:
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. You can do this. Friend me if you want!
  • happies23
    happies23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome. Thank you for your praise and motivation. =)

Pcos basically means I don't ovulate like i should...hard to have babies.

I was just at the doctor and she said losing weight can help correct your cycle.

Just wanted to wish you good luck!!