Before and After Photos....

Options
Question - how many of you have lost a ton of weight and regret not having that "before" picture? I am thinking that I need to make a decision now before I get to far down this road. There are not a lot of pictures of me from the past 5 or 6 years - I tend to strategically place kids in and around me so all that is showing is my lovely head!! :happy: I am just about a week into this and really believe this is the tool for me.

Replies

• JulieSmiles1
    JulieSmiles1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I really regret not having one. For the first 40 pounds, I didn't really see any difference. Some people noticed, but I couldn't. If I had pictures, it would have helped keep me motivated!
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I took some....because when the scale is annoying, the pictures won't lie. :)
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I took some....because when the scale is annoying, the pictures won't lie. :)

Cant tell you how much I love this comment! And I agree!!!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I didn't take my before picture right away, it was at about 5 pounds down, but I decided, I want a full body before, so I can remember what I don't ever want to return to. Been thinking about doing one soon - trying to hold myself off until I hit my next goal, which would put me down 38 pounds. My 4 year old did the pictures and actually did a great job too of front and side full body views. I plan to have them taken in same spot in my house too.

Take the picture - you don't have to post it, but at least you will have it... you can't go back (unless you want to add the weight on), so don't waste time, go snap a picture or two.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i didn't have to. when i saw my wedding pictures, i was repulsed. that's my before picture.
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Take them for sure!! Wear shorts and a tanktop -- you'll feel akward but take a bunch: front, side, back - everything you can think of.

I am SO thankful I did - I recently hit 20lbs and I can see a big difference when I look at them.

HUGE motivator - especially when you hit that dreaded pleateu....for being an inanimate object the scale can be really mean.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY take b4 pics! You will be PROUD to show them when you are done ! You don't have to show them to anyone until you've lost the weight thats the great part ! I didn't purposefully take a b4 pic but I found a pic someone got of me back then and i am grateful i found it b/c i love looking at the huge difference!