Please help with meal ideas!

Options
tkcasta
tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
So here's the deal, and I'm sure there are many of you who can relate. I do not have a normal schedule. Ever. No, no, not exaggerating. I do my best to wake up and eat breakfast at about the same time everyday but that's all I get.

Mondays and Wednesdays are the hardest - I'm in class all day from 10am - 5pm with absolutely no time in-between. Do you guys have any ideas for "meals" that I can eat during my classes? So they would have to be edible with my hands and quiet, not messy, you know - I can't draw attention to myself.

I do sandwiches and little snacks, but I am so hungry by the end of the day that I end up binging. I have to come up with some creative ideas!

Thanks guys!

Replies

• woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    How much time to you have between classes?

Try bringing protein shakes and bars. It's really hard to help without knowing how much time you have to work with between classes.

Unsalted Nuts and seeds are always good. Fruit rollups.

If you could let us know the time amount we're working with it will help us to help you.
  • jenrogerspm
    Options
    Try muscle milk light...it has a bunch of protein which keeps you fuller longer.
  • kathrynthomas5
    Options
    I have just finished my afternoon protein bar which I have if I intend to exercise after work. It's great for giving me energy and stopping the hunger. A snack pack of almonds are always good too - careful of the portion sizes though.
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I suggest starting the day with a really hearty breakfast. Once a week make a big pot of steel cut oats and portion it out into smaller containers. The oats alone will give you about 150 calories. Then add other filling things like peanut or almond butter, a banana or other fruit. Maybe some flax seeds. Sweeten with a little honey. It's filling, satisfying, and under 400 calories. Maybe you can make yourself some protein shakes on the days you have classes? Fill up your sandwiches with chicken or avocados or low fat cheese. Pack almond or other nuts to snack on too. If you can try drinking plenty of water too! Good luck. It's so hard to eat healthy when you have a busy schedule, but it's worth the hassle!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars!!! Highly recomended!!! I eat them in the morning and I can usually cut out my morning snack. they keep me so full. fiber is ALWAYS a great way to stay full!!! Just be careful not to eat too many of them, or u will be tooting all day long!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    almonds...pepper strips with hummus...hard boiled eggs (cut up and eat with a plastic fork you can throw away)...protein shakes...make a wrap with a low carb tortilla (instead of the sandwich with bread)...scrambled egg with salsa and avocado burrito (with the same low carb tortilla)

make sure you are eating some protein...it seams to keep me full longer
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Seeds, nuts, granola bars, dried fruit. Eat slowly all day. :D
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies are great finger food and help curb hunger. Add an apple (pre sliced would be quiet for class) or banana... maybe bring a couple to have throughout the day with your sandwich and other snacks. String cheese or other proteins. Measure out some PB into a small container and bring some celery sticks... maybe even some raisins for a good ol' fashioned "ants on a log" snack. :)
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Thanks, a lot of these are great.

For the person who asked how much time between classes - enough to get to my next class. :wink:

It just seems like no matter what I do I'm starving. School makes me SO HUNGRY! AHHH!