my 9th grade P.E. teacher was right

Options
this is way random, but i thought i would put it out there since it's been working for me:

my 9th grade PE teacher--who's incidentally turned out to be quite the prophet since i was in 9th grade back in 1992--was really worried about "these kids today," which meant us. he worried that we all sat around "playing video games and eating junk all day and night" and that we'd grow up to be nothing but a bunch of "fat-a$$ed couch babies." statistics will confirm that he pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one, i think.

anyway, he used to make us pinkie-swear that, if we wanted a snack after dinner, we'd drink a big cup of cold water first. i was laughing about that the other day because i always struggle with late-nite grazing, and i decided to take him up on his advice (finally).

it works. i know this sounds totally juvenile, obvious, simple----whatever. it works. it's genuinely hard to graze with a belly-full of cold water. i end up thinking about something else and eventually regain my composure, so that i can leave the fridge alone.

the man was a genius.

Replies

• willem
    willem Posts: 26
    Options
    this is way random, but i thought i would put it out there since it's been working for me:

my 9th grade PE teacher--who's incidentally turned out to be quite the prophet since i was in 9th grade back in 1992--was really worried about "these kids today," which meant us. he worried that we all sat around "playing video games and eating junk all day and night" and that we'd grow up to be nothing but a bunch of "fat-a$$ed couch babies." statistics will confirm that he pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one, i think.

anyway, he used to make us pinkie-swear that, if we wanted a snack after dinner, we'd drink a big cup of cold water first. i was laughing about that the other day because i always struggle with late-nite grazing, and i decided to take him up on his advice (finally).

it works. i know this sounds totally juvenile, obvious, simple----whatever. it works. it's genuinely hard to graze with a belly-full of cold water. i end up thinking about something else and eventually regain my composure, so that i can leave the fridge alone.

the man was a genius.
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    That's awesome!

Although I do try to stop drinking water the recommended 3 hours before bed. :smile:
  • willem
    willem Posts: 26
    Options
    Although I do try to stop drinking water the recommended 3 hours before bed. :smile:

what's that about?
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    no one wants to wake up to go tinkle!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options

but all that getting in and out of bed and up and down on the toilet is exercise..more calories, more food!

*I sound like a freaking Six flags commercial..LOL
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options

Yup, right on the money. haha.
  • carrotstick
    Options
    hah - i purposely drink water before bed so that i actually GET out of bed in the morning!!
  • mb2bthin
    mb2bthin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hah - i purposely drink water before bed so that i actually GET out of bed in the morning!!

lol, that is great. Must try it...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway: