time to meet the fam...

Options
so... i've been dating my boyfriend for about a year, and i've gone home with him and methis mom's family multiple times, but i have only on one occasion (for about an hour) met his dad.... this weekend i'm going to indianapolis to visit his dad, stepmom, and three siblings... overwhelmed? YES!!!!!

we're going because of his cousin's wedding.... which leaves me with a whole other dilemma... CLOTHES! what in the world do i wear? i don't want to look too risque, or too conservative.. oh goodness. i'm going crazy.

HEEELLLLPPP

Replies

• chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    so... i've been dating my boyfriend for about a year, and i've gone home with him and methis mom's family multiple times, but i have only on one occasion (for about an hour) met his dad.... this weekend i'm going to indianapolis to visit his dad, stepmom, and three siblings... overwhelmed? YES!!!!!

we're going because of his cousin's wedding.... which leaves me with a whole other dilemma... CLOTHES! what in the world do i wear? i don't want to look too risque, or too conservative.. oh goodness. i'm going crazy.

HEEELLLLPPP
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    first, you're gorgeous so you'd look good in anything hon!

second just be yourself...I bet your style will wow them!!!

but hmm I love to shop and dress my friends so lets see....is it a formal wedding, evening, day? Sat...Sun.....we'll find some ideas for ya!!! :wink:

hugs!
    Ali
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    A nice sundress if it's during the day is good. Especially if it's an outdoor service. Otherwise I'd say a skirt that goes at least to the knees. Don't wear anything you wouldn't wear if you had to make a presentation in front of a class/coworkers. Also (maybe this is just the European in me speaking) it is nice to bring something to the family. Flowers, or if you are traveling by plane and can not, chocolates or something (as long as you know THEY aren't on a diet!) :wink:

Good luck! Ultimately you have to remember that your SO loves you, and hopefully that will be enough for them! If not, doesn't matter because it's his choice not theirs! :laugh:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    When and where is the wedding? Evening weddings are more formal. A really safe bet would bea strapless floor length sun dress. They're really popular this season and come in all prints and colors plus they can be dressed up or down for different occasions. Invest in one you love for the wedding, you'll wear it over and over again.
  • fashionkitten13
    Options
    When and where is the wedding? Evening weddings are more formal. A really safe bet would bea strapless floor length sun dress. They're really popular this season and come in all prints and colors plus they can be dressed up or down for different occasions. Invest in one you love for the wedding, you'll wear it over and over again.

That is perfect advice. They really are all the rage... easy to dress up or down with some nice flats or embellished sandals. If a night wedding, you could easily pull a color from the dress print for a wrap to keep you warm.