New to MFP! Need some more friends for motivation and to sha

Options
bnv08
bnv08 Posts: 33 Member
Hey I'm Brittney!

I am currently 127 and would like to lose enough to make me feel comfortable in a bikini since summer is approaching fast. I am brand new and don't know much about heathy eating/recipes. I love cooking, so any one with recipes that taste amazing but are good for you would be so helpful! I would love friends on here for support!

Replies

• Kellyr107
    Kellyr107 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi I am new too and would also love some new friends! :) good luck to you!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Hi there, you might be interested in cookinglight.com, it's also a monthly mag you can buy at your supermarket, and Taste of Home (they also have a website). I am using Cook's Illustrated Light recipes. Keep looking for LIGHT cookbooks and in your internet recipe searches....

And there's light and low fat salad dressings, the bagged salads that are "lite" or "light" and some of the salad kits like the Fresh Express Ensalada salad kit is also low fat and lower in cals.

If you're 127, losing 10 lbs or however many you want to lose should be a breeze before bikini season opens up. Good for you for working on it NOW. It's also good to have an exercise program to tone up. I am doing EA Sports Active 2 on the xbox 360 and it is great, but other people are doing Jillian's 30 day shred, p90x, etc.
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sounds a good site have to check it out soon
  • AbysmalFitness
    AbysmalFitness Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, feel free to add me as a friend, we can brainstorm and motivate each other to reaching our goals, my food and exercise diary is open to view so need any tips or just plain old encouragement I would be happy to help
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys

I'm Rick. Please feel free to add me.