Belly Fat HELP!

Options
I am 114lbs and overall I am very happy with my body except for my belly! I dont really know what to do to fix this problem. I know that you cant pick were you lose weight but, is there anything I can do to trigger this area. Maybe some suggestions for workouts or certain food choices. Thanks so much! :)

Replies

• Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    My goodness you are tiny! It must be so frustrating to have an area that just isn't cooperating. One thing I've learned along the way is that genetics and/or hormones can play a role in where body fat is stored. Genetics are hard to argue with but if you have a hormone imbalance there might be a way to shift it in the direction you want to go. You'd need to get some testing done to find out.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    so you didnt say if it was fat or what...

if you want to shape it up a bit, because you are tiny and i just dont see you having much fat left, try to build some muscles underneath to firm up that area. you need to eat more and engage that core.
  • crazy1blonde
    Options
    Oh sorry I forgot to put it as fat in my post, I just put it as the topic. I didnt think lol.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    There are some really awesome tummy specific dvd's out there

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Abs-Meghan-White/dp/B000B5XPFG

That one is my favorite. But it's a killer. :)
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    when i was about 121-124lbs at 5'5.5" i still had a belly too, it is very frustrating. i would love to see if anything works out for you!
  • maziemoo
    maziemoo Posts: 2
    Options
    Sometimes a belly can be an indicator of dehydration. Try drinking 3liters of water a day if you're not already. Good luck and congratulations on being so close to your goal!
  • MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    I can only tell you what worked really well for me.....two weeks after taking all refined sugar out of my eating habits I noticed a HUGE difference in what I call "gooey gut." I think running/jogging has also helped contribute to fat loss in that area.

This coming from the mother of four! ;) It worked for me!
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    do you exercise?

If yes, do you do strengnt training?

If not, then that is what you need.

You objictive should not be weight loss. Your objective should be to reduce your body fat%. To do that you will have to build muscle. To build muscle you need to focus on strenght training as opposed to cardio aand include a higher percentage of protein in your diet.

By lowering your body fat% you will be able to se the definiton an dtone of your abs.
  • crazy1blonde
    Options
    do you exercise?

If yes, do you do strengnt training?

If not, then that is what you need.

You objictive should not be weight loss. Your objective should be to reduce your body fat%. To do that you will have to build muscle. To build muscle you need to focus on strenght training as opposed to cardio aand include a higher percentage of protein in your diet.

By lowering your body fat% you will be able to se the definiton an dtone of your abs.

Yes, I exercise but, I do alot of cardio like zumba and running. I do light weights with my boyfriend but only like once a week. Thanks for the advice tho, Im going to have to do this.