Going on vacation in a week...

Options
So, I'm going to visit my friend who moved to Miami, FL from Philly in about a week and I'm worried about eating and exercising there. This is the first time since I've started eating a lot more healthy and exercising about every day, that I am going to be on vacation. Any tips with what to do as far as food? exercise? eating out? I know that some people mentioned that they found nutritional facts about restaurants somewhere - care to share? I really need to stick to my high protein, low fat and low cal. intake. What do I do as I'm going to be there an not at my gym? Do you think that some place will have a week membership? (I know there are all those hardbodies in Miami so I bet there has to be someplace)! Thanks everyone. This site is awesome.

Replies

• joey16g
    joey16g Posts: 63
    Options
    So, I'm going to visit my friend who moved to Miami, FL from Philly in about a week and I'm worried about eating and exercising there. This is the first time since I've started eating a lot more healthy and exercising about every day, that I am going to be on vacation. Any tips with what to do as far as food? exercise? eating out? I know that some people mentioned that they found nutritional facts about restaurants somewhere - care to share? I really need to stick to my high protein, low fat and low cal. intake. What do I do as I'm going to be there an not at my gym? Do you think that some place will have a week membership? (I know there are all those hardbodies in Miami so I bet there has to be someplace)! Thanks everyone. This site is awesome.
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    If you even try to walk with your friend, that might be enough. Suggest you walk instead of taking the car, or take a tour on foot instead of by bus. Go to the beach, rent blades or bicycles. I've never been to Miami but I am sure there is someplace you can do that.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    if you guys eat out, don't eat the apps. when you order your food ask for the togo box. when your food comes put half of it in the togo box and put it to the side. you know what you should and shouldn't be eating, so keep that up. if need be, ask ya friend to take you to the grocery store, and pick up a few items that you might need to have.
    as far as exercise, there are tons of places to walk n you get to check out the girls! lol just walk everywhere. miami is beautiful! so there is tons to see n you can do it while on foot. i'm sure your friends wouldn't mind takin alil walkin trip here and there. if not, go by yaself.

and HAVE FUN! don't stress over your food to much, otherwise you won't be havin a ball with your friends! :flowerforyou:

didn't change anything, i just can't spell today! :indifferent:
  • Laguapa
    Laguapa Posts: 58
    Options
    Places like Applebees and Chilli's have "Guiltless" menu items ;and they are truly delicious. I just went out of town and I must say I was proud of myself because I used caution when eating out without embarrassing my husband.

Many restaurants will give you nutrition information--just ask. Most gyms have a 7-14 day FREE trial membership--Go for it!!
  • joey16g
    joey16g Posts: 63
    Options
    Thanks for the good suggestions all!